Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New member, outdoor range question (where to shoot)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Junglist723
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 1

    New member, outdoor range question (where to shoot)

    Hi all,

    Nice site, and forgive me if this question has already been answered a million times, I used the search feature and looked at the "newbies, look here" posts.

    Here goes:

    I've recently moved here from NV. My father finally (he ordered them a whiiiile ago) got his S&W M&P 15 sport and an XD9, and we're itching to go break 'em in.

    We wanted to find an OUTDOOR place where we could 100% LEGALLY do some target shooting for free. There's many such places outside of Vegas, but I'm assuming they're fewer and farther between here in CA. We both prefer the freedom of outdoor spots without all the regulations I've been reading about at CA ranges ("no more than 1 shot every 2 seconds"? really? They're new guns, of course we wanna "spam" them lol).

    We live on the border of OC/Long Beach and were wondering if any of you knew of any reasonably close places we could go have some fun at? BLM land on the way out to Riverside, perhaps? I saw some posts on some other sites about spots way out by Palomar Mountain in San Diego (which is just way too far, lol) and possibly some off the 38 on the way up to Big Bear (which I suppose isn't THAT bad of a drive, if you want to make a whole day of it, plus the scenery and weather might make it worth it, lol).

    Any help is much appreciated ...Oh and I'm a leave-no-trace kind of guy, so don't worry about us leaving a ton of casings or other garbage at your favorite spot =P
  • #2
    Daydrmr999
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 552

    Barstow off of hodge road. Or you can do a limited membership at wegc for $65 plus $5 you/$10 guest each trip. Fri-sun only. Nice outdoor range, no ridiculous rules, well run and monitored by the r.o. located at the 15 and 215 in fontana/devore/lytle creek. Wegc.org

    Comment

    • #3
      Best sale
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 1092

      Originally posted by Junglist723
      Hi all,

      Nice site, and forgive me if this question has already been answered a million times, I used the search feature and looked at the "newbies, look here" posts.

      Here goes:

      I've recently moved here from NV.
      I am sure good folks of calguns will come around soon with nice BLM areas.
      Meanhile, I hope and really hope ,that you bought yourself off roster handguns from Nevada before you turn in NV state ID.
      Welcome to Communist Kalicrynia.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        BigPimping
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2010
        • 21481

        Welcome to CG.
        sigpic

        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

        Don't let your history be a mystery

        Comment

        • #5
          anothergunnut
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 1819

          Originally posted by Junglist723
          ...Oh and I'm a leave-no-trace kind of guy, so don't worry about us leaving a ton of casings or other garbage at your favorite spot =P
          I'm from NorCal so I can't help you but thanks for doing the right thing.
          Check back later for a witty comment.

          Comment

          • #6
            GMG
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2008
            • 7974

            Welcome aboard !
            sigpic

            A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

            Comment

            • #7
              drifts1
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 1443

              From where you live you're gonna have to drive a bit to BLM. Unfortunately you're not gonna get people to disclose their spots on a public forum. Maybe someone will PM some info.

              Comment

              • #8
                Sleighter
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 3624

                Really the only 2 options you have are West off the 15 off of Hodge Rd exit, or the steele peak BLM area in Perris CA. If you plan on shooting frequently and on the weekends then look at west end gun club like was posted above. Otherwise youre looking at paid ranges.
                If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

                Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777

                Comment

                • #9
                  AGFNTB
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 804

                  You can rent a bay out at Rahauges in Corona for $30 each person. They let you "spam" all you want.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    golfish
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 10124

                    Shotgun will be closer, other wise your going to have to drive. The further you drive the more options you have.


                    Its been my experience that east of the 395 has less off roaders then the west side. I've spent days out there and have never seen a single soul.
                    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                    Happiness is a warm gun.

                    MLC, First 3

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hellayella
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 5578

                      raahauges

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1