Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How Much Does a Gun Cost in Kurdistan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • timdps
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2007
    • 3488

    How Much Does a Gun Cost in Kurdistan?


    Prices have risen. Two years ago a Kalashnikov would have cost around $300. Now the average price is $600.
    An American M-16A2 assault rifle fetches $2,700. An American M-4 carbine goes for $6,000.
  • #2
    BillyGoatCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2583

    And what currency are the "price quotes" given in?

    I have a hard time believing the source if it's claimed USD.
    Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF

    Comment

    • #3
      BKinzey
      OT Banned
      CGN Contributor
      • May 2009
      • 4390

      Nice pics of trigger control
      Rogue American, Media Mercenary.
      "A firearm is just a tool. Any tool can be used as a weapon, but the most powerful weapons were written."

      Comment

      • #4
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19226

        I got to sell some AR's to Kurdistan.

        Comment

        • #5
          mikenewgun87
          In Memoriam
          • Jul 2011
          • 7732

          A couple sheep?

          Comment

          • #6
            NytWolf
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 3935

            How much does a gun cost in CA compared to other states?

            Comment

            • #7
              emy
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 901

              Kurdistan/ Kaliforniastan purdy klose

              Comment

              • #8
                I Swan
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2010
                • 8770

                I've seen these reports before. I guess he is "gouging"! I believe the prices but I've also heard reports of AK's selling for $3 in Albania in late 1990's and for around $100 in Nicaragua.

                Comment

                • #9
                  MrExel17
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 9170

                  Wonder whats the going rate for VP9s - PPQs - Glock Gen 4s?
                  "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    I Swan
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 8770

                    Are they gouging green tip 5.56 and 22lr?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hunterb
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 3796

                      $6,000 LOLOLOLOL

                      An entire village won't make that in a year. Much easier to take an AK off of a dead terrorist.
                      Originally posted by johnthomas
                      ...The hardest part getting rid of crap is getting started.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mike_the_wino
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 2871

                        Originally posted by I Swan
                        Are they gouging green tip 5.56 and 22lr?
                        Yep.
                        But in Suli, people prefer familiar Russian weapons. While American 5.56-millimeter rounds cost 50 cents each, the more popular Soviet 7.62-millimeter ammunition sells for 75 cents.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BigPimping
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 21479

                          Originally posted by Standish
                          And what currency are the "price quotes" given in?

                          I have a hard time believing the source if it's claimed USD.


                          I was thinking that as well. That seems like a lot for people in that region to afford. The price of ammo also seemed excessive.
                          sigpic

                          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                          Don't let your history be a mystery

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1