If I want to buy/sell an OLL other than buying from an FFL, can it go through a regular PPT? How about one that is built up CA legal? I assume either way they can as it is a registered long gun, right?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
OLL transfer/PPT question
Collapse
X
-
OLL transfer/PPT question
sigpic
"It's confirmed. I have no need for idiots." ~ Anon. 2008Tags: None -
As long as it is in a legal configuration, you should be able to do a PPT at an FFL.
If its a registered AW, then no. Otherwise, long guns are not registered.Jack
Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. -
Sorry, yes, I did not mean long guns are registered, but there is a record of the sale, and they (OLL's) are sold as long guns.
Anyhow, thanks. Friend has a few OLL's she needs to part with; losing her job.sigpic
"It's confirmed. I have no need for idiots." ~ Anon. 2008Comment
-
OLL's are just like any other rifle as long as they are correctly configured.
-GeneGene Hoffman
Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation
DONATE NOW to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!
"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Comment
-
Comment
-
.22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
.45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
.30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...Comment
-
I have a friend that is an FFL. My selling friend has 3 stripped OLL's and one built (CA legal with the BB) AR 15. I get to view them this weekend. Now since I know it is a transfer like any other long gun PPT, maybe it's time for some more toys! Thanks, guys!
sigpic
"It's confirmed. I have no need for idiots." ~ Anon. 2008Comment
-
I would call first though if you don't know if the dealer is oll friendly as there are still a few that wont touch them."I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas JeffersonComment
-
sigpic
"It's confirmed. I have no need for idiots." ~ Anon. 2008Comment
-
For a dealer transfer I could imagine this, however for one DROS and one 4473 dealers are regulated by law to charge a maximum of $35 for a PPT. I know of some charging more and in essence they are violating the law.Comment
-
Dealers are allowed to charge more for mutiple long guns in a PPT DROS even though the fee is reduced and all the long guns would be on one 4473. Can someone such as a deler chime in on this?.22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
.45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
.30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...Comment
-
Not a dealer, but here is the info from the DOJOriginally posted by CA DOJ FAQWhat fees can I charge for handling a Private Party Transfer (PPT)?
If the transaction is a PPT, you are restricted to charging no more than $25.00 in State fees described and $10.00 per firearm for conducting the PPT. For example:
For a PPT involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees are $35.00 for the first handgun, and $31.00 for each subsequent handgun.
For PPTs involving one or more long guns, the State fees are limited to $25.00 for the whole transaction plus $10.00 dealer fee per firearm transferred.
(PC section 12082)Jack
Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,155
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 21285 users online. 53 members and 21232 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment