Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unpaid leave, forever...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • deerdeerdeer
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2696

    Unpaid leave, forever...

    Been on unpaid leave since 09/21, just went on my inbox and saw this. I told all my coworkers it was going to be a subscription service, does not follow science, promotes segregation and discrimination, and here we are... Not complaining, just seems kinda find it messed up for those who I know that cannot afford to lose the job.

    Looks like we are going to fat kid FEMA camp sooner than I thought....

    *Employees who received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-I9 vaccine more than 5 months ago and employees who received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-I9 vaccine more than 2 months ago are eligible for and must obtain a booster shot to be up-to-date by February 11, 2022. Those employees that are not eligible will be required to get a booster shot within 15 days of becoming eligible. Employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 are eligible for a booster after symptoms resolve or after the quarantine period ends, if asymptomatic. It should be noted that sworn Fire employees have earlier timelines that they are required to meet under the County’s Public Health Order as has been communicated through the Fire Department.
  • #2
    turbolxstang
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2020
    • 675

    Moar boosters please

    Comment

    • #3
      SPUTTER
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2009
      • 7504

      LAFD?

      Comment

      • #4
        deerdeerdeer
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2014
        • 2696

        Originally posted by SPUTTER
        LAFD?
        No, pretty close though, city job, public servant type job, here in the bay area.

        Comment

        • #5
          OlderThanDirt
          FUBAR
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jun 2009
          • 6003

          Don’t worry. Your replacement came across the border last week and was flown into Oakland at 0300 this morning. You can go now.
          We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
          Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

          Comment

          • #6
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            Why many just talk out of the side of their neck, people like you are actually sacrificing and enduring forced hardships.

            Knowing that not all public employees in California are being treated the same must be very frustrating for those that are kicked to the curb for not caving.

            I can only hope in someway someday this wrong is righted and those responsible pay dearly.
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #7
              SanDiego619
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2013
              • 14352

              deerdeer you are another one who had their principles tested and you stuck to them. I hope everything works out well for you.
              Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

              Comment

              • #8
                Barang
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2013
                • 13418

                very very tough situation, ddd. i hope there are some surprises that might pop up in your favor.

                Comment

                • #9
                  anthonyca
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2008
                  • 6316

                  Is there a way to CC every employee? Sue the F put of them if you have a reaction.

                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206

                  Originally posted by Wherryj
                  I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    deerdeerdeer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2014
                    • 2696

                    Originally posted by anthonyca
                    Is there a way to CC every employee? Sue the F put of them if you have a reaction.

                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1773425
                    Unfortunately, I cannot sue them for that. My vaccine statues is unknown in a letter I wrote to them (08/21). I stated that what they are doing is promoting segregation/discrimination and a hostile work environment.
                    I think that really ticked them, so they decided to put me on courteous unpaid leave, seriously, that's what was written in the letter word for word.
                    Take a look at the paragraph from my workplace above again ^. They make it sound like eligibility for a booster shot is a benefit or something?
                    Am I the only one reading this wrong?



                    Originally posted by stormvet
                    Why many just talk out of the side of their neck, people like you are actually sacrificing and enduring forced hardships.

                    Knowing that not all public employees in California are being treated the same must be very frustrating for those that are kicked to the curb for not caving.

                    I can only hope in someway someday this wrong is righted and those responsible pay dearly.
                    Most people live an alter-ego life online... I would say they live their online life more than their offline life. Thus, psychological confusing the two, resulting in these bat sh*t cray people you see today!
                    Truth is, there are those who talk too much, but never walk at all...
                    Best thing to do is avoid them like NPC's, but respect them as they are...


                    Originally posted by SanDiego619
                    deerdeer you are another one who had their principles tested and you stuck to them. I hope everything works out well for you.
                    Thanks man...
                    I know you know this, pure philosophy at heart right?
                    This isn't about me, you. us, it's for everybody to know the statues quo, and they should question it..
                    This post is update everyone with what's going on in California, and it might be your city, county or state next...
                    This post is for the people, share it, let the people know, WTF is going on?!?!
                    Other than that, I will see you at fat kid FEMA camp, we can pretend to shoot invisible bullets with our fingers or something, LOL..

                    Originally posted by Barang
                    very very tough situation, ddd. i hope there are some surprises that might pop up in your favor.
                    Thank you all for being so positive, it means a lot. For my hope, I hope that we the people, all get our lives back...
                    Last edited by deerdeerdeer; 01-29-2022, 2:30 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Romeo_alpha01
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2017
                      • 2030

                      Same boat OP. CCSF here. You and your buddies really need to get down and sue these fools. There are attorneys out there representing us.

                      Imagine if more just walked off in protest of the mandate from the very start. We wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MJB
                        CGSSA Associate
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 5925

                        Stay strong!
                        One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sigfan91
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 12421

                          Sorry to hear. It's a very tough situation. I thank you for standing your ground at the cost of your job. One door closes, another one opens. Hopefully this will lead to a better opportunity in the near future.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Elgatodeacero
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 1297

                            Will people keep injecting this mRNA into themselves forever? Really? Every 5 months until you are dead?!

                            This seems hard to believe………

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ProfChaos
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2021
                              • 1299

                              Stand strong. There are more of us out there than they want to think. The problem is they made it sound like we were few and those on the fence caved in when they should have stood strong.
                              "The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia." -George Orwell 1984

                              1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a "How To" guide.

                              Time magazine bragging about how they stole the election: https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1