Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My WuFlu Experience

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JamesH
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • May 2011
    • 1267

    My WuFlu Experience

    Currently have it. Most of the household has it.

    On Monday, my 12 year old daughter tested positive. She had a moderate cough and loss of appetite. By Wednesday, she had the chills and a high fever (104ish). Tylenol and ibuprofen keep the temp around 100. By Thursday, no more fever, hardly a cough and no chills. Today, no symptoms. She was healthy and is unvaxed.

    On Tuesday evening, I had a scratchy throat. Wednesday AM, I tested positive. Wednesday PM, I had a minor cough, moderate sinus headache, mild "foggyness". Thursday afternoon, I had a high temp (105+) that was difficult to manage with Tylenol and ibuprofen. I ended up having to take 20 min, lukewarm showers. By Thursday PM (around 10:00), the fever subsided. I had a glass of bourbon and soon after, my headache was gone. Today, I have some phlegm that causes me to cough, sporadically. Other than that, no symptoms. I took daily vitamins, vitamin D and sudafed. I am 40 years old, about 50 lbs overweight, have prehypertension, and I drink too much. I am also unvaxed.

    My wife tested positive today. She has body aches, a low grade fever, a moderate sinus headache and she is lethargic. She is 39 and is vaxed, but not boosted.

    2 other of my children (4 and 1) have low grade fevers today. No point in testing. They have it. Both have responded well to Tylenol/ ibuprofen. They are both unvaxed.

    My 7 year old has no symptoms and I wouldn't be surprised is she never gets it. I cannot remember a time when she was sick.

    Side note: I took a couple of coworkers shooting on Sunday, along with my BIL and 12 year old nephew. Both coworkers are vaxed and boosted. My BIL is vaxed but not boosted unvaxed. My nephew is unvaxed. We drove a total of 4.5 hours in the same vehicle.

    My BIL has to get tested often for work. He tested negative. My nephew has no symptoms and one of my coworkers tested positive today, with worse symptoms than mine were. The other coworker has no symptoms yet. Both coworkers and my BIL are same age as me.

    To be continued, I guess.

    ETA: corrected BIL vaccine status.
    Last edited by JamesH; 01-14-2022, 7:37 PM.
  • #2
    sigfan91
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2009
    • 12420

    I am convinced that everyone, vaxxed or not, responds to this virus differently. Some seemingly unhealthy people wouldn't bat an eye after getting this virus. Some seemingly healthy people would die.

    It's pretty much the same with the seasonal flu. Most people recover. Some people die.

    I'm glad your family is doing well. We would have treated your experience in the 100 years prior to 2020 as "seasonal flu."

    Comment

    • #3
      MJB
      CGSSA Associate
      • Sep 2010
      • 5925

      Omnicron when it hits it hits fast
      One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!

      Comment

      • #4
        strakill
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1484

        My MIL, Vaxxed and boosted, got the Rona. High fever for 2 days, lost her voice, and a bad cough for a week. She has only 1 lung and no spleen.

        FIL, not vaxxed, fever for half the first day, headache for two days, and a light cough for a week.

        What's that mean? Who the knows. I got it back in 2020, fever for an afternoon and a stabbing headache for two days. Just felt drained for a few days after. No biggie. I'm a smoker and was a heavy drinker.
        Originally posted by superhondaz50
        I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
        Originally posted by beerman
        ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

        Comment

        • #5
          JamesH
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • May 2011
          • 1267

          Anecdotally, of the 3 similar aged adults, the symptoms were longer lasting and more severe for the vaccinated.

          My vaccinated coworker can go back to work 5 days from the positive test. Because I'm unvaccinated, it's a mandatory 10 days. Science...

          ETA: My other vaccinated coworker became symptomatic today.
          Last edited by JamesH; 01-15-2022, 2:25 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            ProfChaos
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2021
            • 1299

            Found out a few co-workers have it.

            First tested positive last year and is double jabbed.

            Second is triple jabbed and is still preaching that the "booster" is necessary to combat this.

            Another is saying that until everyone gets jabbed, we cannot return to normal.
            "The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia." -George Orwell 1984

            1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a "How To" guide.

            Time magazine bragging about how they stole the election: https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

            Comment

            • #7
              edgerly779
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2009
              • 19871

              I had original strain 20 months ago and omicron on the first of jan.. Both were mild took hcq and zinc both times.

              Comment

              • #8
                JamesH
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • May 2011
                • 1267

                Originally posted by ProfChaos
                Found out a few co-workers have it.

                First tested positive last year and is double jabbed.

                Second is triple jabbed and is still preaching that the "booster" is necessary to combat this.

                Another is saying that until everyone gets jabbed, we cannot return to normal.
                I find it interesting that those whom had their vaccines counterfeited, by getting infected, still attempt justifying taking a vaccine that was "factually" supposed to prevent infection.

                It's like battered wife syndrome.

                Comment

                • #9
                  JamesH
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • May 2011
                  • 1267

                  Originally posted by edgerly779
                  I had original strain 20 months ago and omicron on the first of jan.. Both were mild took hcq and zinc both times.
                  And this seems like it will become the norm for most folks. Get sick, get better, get on with life. Of course, COVID- phobic folks will demand to disagree because it doesn't save just one life.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1