Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

On Contact Tracing Apps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • L84CABO
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 8774

    On Contact Tracing Apps

    Short article on the uselessness of contact tracing apps...because you just know they're going to be pushing for that next.

    The article was written by Bruce Schneier, a privacy expert and fellow at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.

    "My problem with contact tracing apps is that they have absolutely no value," Bruce Schneier, a privacy expert and fellow at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, told BuzzFeed News. "I'm not even talking about the privacy concerns, I mean the efficacy. Does anybody think this will do something useful? ... This is just something governments want to do for the hell of it. To me, it's just techies doing techie things because they don't know what else to do."
    I was quoted in BuzzFeed: “My problem with contact tracing apps is that they have absolutely no value,” Bruce Schneier, a privacy expert and fellow at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, told BuzzFeed News. “I’m not even talking about the privacy concerns, I mean the efficacy. Does anybody think this will do something useful? … This is just something governments want to do for the hell of it. To me, it’s just techies doing techie things because they don’t know what else to do.” I haven’t blogged about this because I thought it was obvious. But from the tweets and emails I have received, it seems not...
    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

    Fighter Pilot
Working...
UA-8071174-1