Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hydrogen Peroxide Treatment

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harry Ono
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2018
    • 965

    Hydrogen Peroxide Treatment

    A recent study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, shows that even just 0.5 percent hydrogen peroxide could kill human coronaviruses, such as those that caused SARS and MERS. The findings backed a 2009 research that found inhaling vaporized hydrogen peroxide could lead to 99 percent inactivation of virus activities.

    Vaporized hydrogen peroxide has long been considered effective in removing viruses. Researchers in 1997 discovered that the compound could completely inactivate a range of exotic animal viruses.

    Experts said inhaling the vapor using a nebulizer has been the most convenient to receive hydrogen peroxide to fight viral infections. The microscopic mist can easily reach deep into the nostrils, sinuses and lungs, which are commonly affected by respiratory diseases like COVID-19.

    “Effective hydrogen peroxide nebulization quite literally, ‘chops the head off of the snake,’ and the virus present elsewhere in the body can then readily be mopped up when the new virus influx has been terminated,” Levy said.
    Last edited by Harry Ono; 04-25-2020, 6:35 PM.
  • #2
    tundraboomer
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2016
    • 1114

    This is purely anecdotal but many years ago my wife adopted a puppy from a LA County animal shelter that had been living on the streets his entire short life. The poor thing was a mess, malnourished, fleas, coccidia, giardia, kennel cough. Then the shelter insisted on neutering and vaxxing him before she could adopt him, adding more stress to his already taxed immune system. By the time he came home it was clear that he was going to need professional care, which we gave him. But the kennel cough got worse, and pretty soon turned into pneumonia, which didn't respond to any treatments until we finally hospitalized him for IV antibiotics and 24/7 monitoring. A couple days later the vet called and asked if we wanted him to die there, or die at home, because he wasn't going to make it. Of course, I brought him home, quarantined him from my other dog, and made him as comfortable as I could. It was heartbreaking.

    But then I got online and started researching other people's experiences with antibiotic-resistant pneumonia in dogs. One recurring home treatment kept coming up which was a 5% sodium chlorite solution (a chemical related to bleach) that was put in a steamer and inhaled through steam for 10 minutes every 4 hours day and night. It sounded like a lot of work and a huge PITA but I was desperate to help this little guy out so I bought some and bought a steamer, and put him in the shower in the smallest bathroom in the house with the drops mixed in the proper ratio with water in the steamer every 4 hours, day and night for the next week.

    After a few days of this he started coughing up the most disgusting green and yellow snot you have ever seen. Tons of it. It nearly destroyed the bathroom I had him quarantined in. But as more came out, he started to come alive. At the end of the week I called the vet and they asked if he had passed and I said, "No, he seems to be fine. I want to bring him in to see if his lungs are clear." They were stunned. He wasn't supposed to get through that.

    I have no idea if the 5% sodium chlorite solution is the reason but it was the only thing that changed in his treatment regimen after coming home from that last round at the vet. Just based on HOW he progressed, getting a little better the longer it was administered, then making a full recovery against all odds, I can't help but think it had something to do with the solution regimen.

    Some of the companies that sell this stuff claim it to be a cure-all for nearly anything that ails your dog. I have my doubts. But for a severe lung infection, when suspended in steam and inhaled, it certainly seemed to do something. I don't see why other, similar treatments using sprays/nebulizers/steam vapors, etc. can't be developed to combat organisms in the lungs.

    BTW, 11 years later, I still have him. He's an old man now, and deaf, but he has had a great life and is still playful and a lot of fun.

    Comment

    • #3
      QED
      Member
      • May 2018
      • 166

      Regarding hydrogen peroxide, during the panic grocery store buying, isopropyl alcohol was cleaned out, but the hydrogen peroxide solution was fully stocked. Doesn't speak well of the buying public here...

      Comment

      • #4
        CessnaDriver
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 10904

        Yes, but only a "moron" would think to ask about such possibilities.

        Or a stable genius.


        Love rubbing there noses in it.

        Seems to be a pattern, they react to the dog whistle only to find out Trump is right after all.


        "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

        Comment

        • #5
          32spoke
          Member
          • Jan 2019
          • 368

          OP, please share the link. I see studies indicating that this is an effective measure for cleaning surfaces, such as stainless steel and curtains, for sterilization of a hospital room. I also have read where it is harmless to breath, but I do not find proof of how it kills the Covid 19 virus in a sinus cavity or respiratory system.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dano3467
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2013
            • 7381

            Link would of course be very nice.

            Comment

            • #7
              jeffyhog
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 2759

              Originally posted by 32spoke
              OP, please share the link. I see studies indicating that this is an effective measure for cleaning surfaces, such as stainless steel and curtains, for sterilization of a hospital room. I also have read where it is harmless to breath, but I do not find proof of how it kills the Covid 19 virus in a sinus cavity or respiratory system.


              It doesn't say there is proof- it says "could" so obviously more study is needed.

              Many times I have felt a cold coming on- that little tickle in the back of my throat, or a slight sore throat. I have gargled with hydrogen peroxide and many times it has knocked it out and I haven't got sick.

              Comment

              • #8
                32spoke
                Member
                • Jan 2019
                • 368

                Thank you for the link!!

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1