Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I survived covid

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    bigbossman
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2012
    • 11280

    Originally posted by sigfan91
    Interesting....you think as time goes on, the more exposures we have to this type of thing, the more likely we will adapt to it?
    Dunno - it's anecdotal "evidence" at best. I can say this about my own experience.... I flew 43 times last year, and spent 85 days in hotels. ALL of my work in in hospitals and MOB's... like I said in the earlier post, every single square frickin' foot. aside from the last episode I detailed, I can't remember the last time I had so much as a common cold.

    Either my immune system is naturally pretty sturdy genetically, or else its gotten sturdy over the years by constantly being in a petrie dish of one sort or another.
    Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

    "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

    Comment

    • #32
      ysr_racer
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 12014

      So if it's no big deal, is Trump lying to us? Is Fauci?

      Why?

      Comment

      • #33
        goofcat
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 565

        Glad you are ok!
        sigpic#415

        Comment

        • #34
          sigfan91
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2009
          • 12380

          Originally posted by bigbossman
          Dunno - it's anecdotal "evidence" at best. I can say this about my own experience.... I flew 43 times last year, and spent 85 days in hotels. ALL of my work in in hospitals and MOB's... like I said in the earlier post, every single square frickin' foot. aside from the last episode I detailed, I can't remember the last time I had so much as a common cold.

          Either my immune system is naturally pretty sturdy genetically, or else its gotten sturdy over the years by constantly being in a petrie dish of one sort or another.
          I know it's anecdotal, but with enough anecdotes, they become "statistics."

          I've always look at it this way, your (not personally, but in general) experience cannot be the only one, or rarely the first one, in the world. There are others like yours. In fact it's probably more like the norm than the exception. The law of averages states that most of us are the average.

          Hopefully, in time, when we have large numbers to look at, this Wuhan virus is more like a new strain of flu than some exotic bug that's here to wipe us out.

          Comment

          • #35
            Doggboy
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Nov 2008
            • 1094

            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            So if it's no big deal, is Trump lying to us? Is Fauci?

            Why?
            Simple, political necessity. They need to plan and act for the worst case scenario or every death will be blamed on thier " inaction".

            Do a bit of digging and tell me how many deaths have been people WTHOUT other health issues.
            Norman Thomas said this in a 1944 speech:
            "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." He went on to say: "I no longer need to run as a Presidential Candidate for the Socialist Party. The Democratic Party has adopted our platform."

            Comment

            • #36
              Den60
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jul 2016
              • 2695

              Originally posted by bigbossman
              Dunno - it's anecdotal "evidence" at best. I can say this about my own experience.... I flew 43 times last year, and spent 85 days in hotels. ALL of my work in in hospitals and MOB's... like I said in the earlier post, every single square frickin' foot. aside from the last episode I detailed, I can't remember the last time I had so much as a common cold.

              Either my immune system is naturally pretty sturdy genetically, or else its gotten sturdy over the years by constantly being in a petrie dish of one sort or another.
              There have been cases where indigenous people have been wiped out after being exposed to viruses brought in by explorers as they had no natural immunity to it. Reportedly, that island where the natives kill any foreigner that sets foot on it had that happen to them in their history.


              Mojave Lever Crew Member

              "It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

              Comment

              • #37
                johnnyh75
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 1124

                Glad you recover stay safe

                Comment

                • #38
                  jimmykan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3103

                  Originally posted by elsolo
                  Test results came back positive, I'm already recovered. Felt like regular flu for four days. Pretty sure I got it at work, it's the only place I had been in the previous week.

                  45 in good health, non-smoking

                  The calls from HR at work, and the county health department are a bigger hassle than the symptoms were.

                  Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                  How early in the year did you get sick?

                  I got sick with similar symptoms after attending the Consumer Electronics Show in mid-January. Lots of attendees and exhibitors from mainland China.

                  Took about a week to fully recover.

                  I would like to take a test to see if it was Covid-19, but does the test show whether you've ever had it? Or just if you currently have it?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    elsolo
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 4798

                    Originally posted by jimmykan
                    How early in the year did you get sick?

                    I got sick with similar symptoms after attending the Consumer Electronics Show in mid-January. Lots of attendees and exhibitors from mainland China.

                    Took about a week to fully recover.

                    I would like to take a test to see if it was Covid-19, but does the test show whether you've ever had it? Or just if you currently have it?
                    First symptom was fatigue on Friday night. Saturday was the onset of flu symptoms, got tested Monday, results came in today. The test I had confirms if you currently have it.

                    There is an antibody test to see if you previously had it, but apparently it can't determine between this coronavirus and regular coronavirus.

                    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Senko
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 673

                      "Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -Daniel Webster

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        saxman
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 555

                        Originally posted by ysr_racer
                        So if it's no big deal, is Trump lying to us? Is Fauci?

                        Why?
                        Just because it isn't a big deal to some people that get it, doesn't mean it isn't a big deal for everyone that gets it.

                        The fact that a large number of people that catch it have mild to no symptoms isn't a new details.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Darto
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 6731

                          May Heaven help the pot and tobacco smokers who catch it. Diabetes, Obesity and age also a factor.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            axhoaxho
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 10085

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              VictorFranko
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 13737

                              Happy for your recovery elsolo!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Half Cocked
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 1990

                                Congratulations on having survived the coronavirus pandemic of 2020.

                                There needs to be some kind of a commemorative tee shirt for for such a milestone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1