Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mask requirement + children

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DrjonesUSA
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 4701

    Mask requirement + children

    Today I’m reading multiple headlines that look like they are all leading us in the direction / preparing us for the strong possibility that the gov is going to declare masks a requirement for all of us as we go about daily life.

    How are we supposed to handle children & masks? I can’t get my 2 year old to wear a mask.

    Will there be an age cutoff for the requirement? What’s a reasonable age at which a child can be expected to don - and keep donned - a mask?

    I want to keep my 2 year old safe as possible (yes obviously we will keep her home as much as possible but can’t stay home 24x7x365 forever).

    How do we handle children + masks? What do we do?

    Also; since there’s such a huge shortage of N95 masks; is the gov going to distribute one to each citizen?


    EDIT TO ADD:

    I’m sorry I should have been more clear; there is currently NOTHING BUT TALK AND SPECULATION of a government REQUIREMENT for everyone to wear masks in public.

    Many reputable / mainstream (well...”reputable” as MSM can be; point is I’m not getting this from Alex Jones) sources are running reports that there are rumors in the government of this requirement coming out soon.

    Sorry for any confusion I caused.

    I’m just reading between the lines; esp. with how Trump works; he has a long track record of dropping hints, getting people used to whatever ideal he is trying to achieve, then it becomes reality.

    Just my opinion....





    .
    Last edited by DrjonesUSA; 04-01-2020, 5:38 AM.
  • #2
    EQTrax
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 94

    My youngest is turning 4 in the next few weeks, while that's leaps and bounds above 2 I can say I introduced them to the concept, and they have practiced wearing their masks in the car and around the house for periods of time to try and acclimate them to the process.

    World War 2 UK issued full fledged gas masks for toddlers and infants, so its not an unknown concept. If it's my kid, and a mask means life or death, I'm going to duct tape it to them if need be. Of course there would have to be a damn good reason for me to take them out into a danger zone in the first place.

    Comment

    • #3
      Barbarosa
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 2166

      They make face gaiters or buffs for kids with different things printed on them. Make it fun for them.

      Comment

      • #4
        SW1917
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2016
        • 791

        Don't you need child specific size? And of course the next question who has them for sale

        "gov is going to declare masks a requirement for all of us as we go about daily life."

        Considering most can't even find them for sale - this is not going to be requirement as much as suggestion

        Comment

        • #5
          CiaoKing
          Banned
          • Aug 2013
          • 205




          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            Transient
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2020
            • 792

            First off, and here's what people don't seem to understand about N95 masks. You have to be sized for them. Do you know how to size them? I don't. Hell, my wife is a pediatric APN, and she doesn't know. The military is only sizing medical professionals who are deploying to field hospitals. My wife is one of those on standby 24-48 hour notice. She wasn't sized for a N95 mask until her EMF was put on standby. In the military hospitals, where they are treating COVID-19 patients, it's business as usual.

            Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #7
              norcal77
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Feb 2009
              • 4231

              Originally posted by Transient
              First off, and here's what people don't seem to understand about N95 masks. You have to be sized for them. Do you know how to size them? I don't. Hell, my wife is a pediatric APN, and she doesn't know. The military is only sizing medical professionals who are deploying to field hospitals. My wife is one of those on standby 24-48 hour notice. She wasn't sized for a N95 mask until her EMF was put on standby. In the military hospitals, where they are treating COVID-19 patients, it's business as usual.

              Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
              I posted this before but no response, couldn’t you in theory use bandage (or duct tape, lol) around the mask to seal it? It’ll be ugly but it’ll git er done...
              NRA Lifetime member
              CRPA Lifetime member
              Second Amendment Foundation Life member

              Comment

              • #8
                Caligula36
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2017
                • 1800

                Well this is all great, requiring us to wear masks. So can the bureaucrat making these orders tell me where I can pick up my N95 masks? Are they mailing them to my home? I cant for the life of me find a single one anywhere. All the people with masks, surgical or otherwise, I am assuming have family in the nursing field who are stealing supplies from their employers.
                "...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." -Aldous Huxley

                Comment

                • #9
                  desijedi
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2020
                  • 530

                  Originally posted by Caligula36
                  Well this is all great, requiring us to wear masks. So can the bureaucrat making these orders tell me where I can pick up my N95 masks? Are they mailing them to my home? I cant for the life of me find a single one anywhere. All the people with masks, surgical or otherwise, I am assuming have family in the nursing field who are stealing supplies from their employers.
                  Well said. They are sold out everywhere. If you check the Ebay or any other online retailer, they are selling Chinese version for $85+.

                  Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                  sigpic~ Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    EQTrax
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 94

                    Originally posted by Transient
                    First off, and here's what people don't seem to understand about N95 masks. You have to be sized for them. Do you know how to size them? I don't. Hell, my wife is a pediatric APN, and she doesn't know. The military is only sizing medical professionals who are deploying to field hospitals. My wife is one of those on standby 24-48 hour notice. She wasn't sized for a N95 mask until her EMF was put on standby. In the military hospitals, where they are treating COVID-19 patients, it's business as usual.

                    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                    You are correct, N95 and any other mask for that sake is useless if not properly fitted. I work in a Respiratory Unit at a hospital and we have extensive training about that very topic.

                    Originally posted by SW1917
                    Don't you need child specific size? And of course the next question who has them for sale

                    "gov is going to declare masks a requirement for all of us as we go about daily life."

                    Considering most can't even find them for sale - this is not going to be requirement as much as suggestion
                    I got 6 re-useable children sized N95 masks with a bunch of filters in February before it became impossible to find them.
                    Last edited by EQTrax; 03-31-2020, 9:23 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dr Pete
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 757

                      Not suitable for children but you can purchase P100 masks with filters.

                      They will run about $60 give or take with shipping.

                      I have used these before while handling both acids and radioactive materials.

                      If you take care of it they last a long time, plus you can buy replacement filters for about $30

                      Better protection unless you have facial hair, then not much is protecting you unless you wear a full face mask.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Transient
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 792

                        I'm not the person to ask. My experience with N95 masks is nil, and I have no plans to incorporate the N95 mask my life at this time. I'll leave that question to the experts to answer.

                        Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TrappedinCalifornia
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2018
                          • 10379

                          There are other, fundamental issues with requiring masks in this country.

                          For instance, have you ever tried to go into a bank just wearing sunglasses and a ball cap? Some banks have it posted that they can require you to remove either or both. Now, imagine going in wearing a 'mask.'

                          Somebody else brought it up (I don't recall which thread at the moment), but aren't there restrictions involved in CCW with regard to 'disguises' and 'masks?'

                          What if a police officer or someone else requires you to show ID and they can't 'match' you with the photo due to the mask? What then?

                          On and on...
                          Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 04-01-2020, 12:16 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Transient
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 792

                            Originally posted by TrappedinCalifornia
                            There are other, fundamental issues with requiring masks in this country.

                            For instance, have you ever tried to go into a bank just wearing sunglasses and a ball cap? Some banks have it posted that they can require you to remove either or both. Now, imagine going in wearing a 'mask.'
                            I prefer going into the bank versus drive thru, using the atm, or the app. I'm constantly wearing a cap and sunglasses everywhere I go, so the bank is no different. Not a peep from them so far, and I haven't established rapport with them. Sometimes I'm also open carrying. Nothing. Not even from the city police officer being paid to be there.

                            Somebody else brought it up (I don't recall which thread at the moment), but aren't there restrictions involved in CCW with regard to 'disguises' and 'masks?'
                            None that I'm aware of. If that were the case we'd criminalize our military veterans. They are conditioned to wearing covers outdoors, and many like to use sunglasses.

                            What if a police officer or someone else requires you to show ID and they can't 'match' you with the photo due to the mask? What then?

                            On and on...
                            The officer needs to see an ophthalmologist. It's not a gas mask. There's no reason why they couldn't identify somebody with their ID.

                            Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Loopwell
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 1519

                              I will not be able to teach my infant to use a mask.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1