Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hydroxychloraquine MIA??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Aeneas
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 1127

    Hydroxychloraquine MIA??

    So there was a lot of promising talk about hydroxychloraquine used in conjunction with azithromycin producing amazing results for Covid patients. There was also talk of various antivirals that have really been helping people...

    Then all of a sudden nothing...crickets...I don't hear of any efforts to use these meds on people who are clearly in terrible shape, and the outbreak is getting worse, more people are dying, and the response to it is getting more extreme (which seems to be necessary considering what's going on.)

    I work in a hospital, and every time I ask someone at work if they've heard anything about hydroxychloraquine, the response is something along the lines of "Oh that drug that's really dangerous?" or "Oh yeah I heard that there are a lot of side effects." Even if there are a lot of side effects (which to my knowledge there are not ), I think that the worst side effect from Covid (death) is probably worse. These are healhcare professionals, but I imagine that their info is coming from the "news" or social media.

    So what's going on with this? Doctors have reported amazing results with these therapies, but all is silent when it comes to their use in America. I don't get it.
  • #2
    sigguy552
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jun 2003
    • 702

    If it's the same antimalarial drug I took, it's definitely got some gnarly side effects. They used to call it "free LSD" due to the crazy dreams but I'd prefer that over death.

    Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    CRPA LIFE MEMBER

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      theLBC
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2017
      • 7329

      i think they are trying to dampen the desire for people without any immediate need for it to go out and get some, possibly denying somebody that actually needs it for covid19 or any other prescriptive needs.

      actually, i don't know, but that is the only good rationalization i can think of.
      if india has stopped exports to protect their own supply, we can't have people hoard it like toilet paper.

      Comment

      • #5
        71MUSTY
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2014
        • 7029

        Originally posted by theLBC
        i think they are trying to dampen the desire for people without any immediate need for it to go out and get some, possibly denying somebody that actually needs it for covid19 or any other prescriptive needs.
        ^^^This right here. India is already hording it, I'm sure other countries are. They are trying to keep it from all ending up in the black market before they can secure it for patients that need it. The fact they are quiet is actually good news not bad.
        Only slaves don't need guns

        Originally posted by epilepticninja
        Americans vs. Democrats
        We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


        We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


        What doesn't kill me, better run

        Comment

        • #6
          Aeneas
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2014
          • 1127

          Thanks for the link, however those are studies that are in the planning stages. I'm referring to actual use of the meds at this time.

          Comment

          • #7
            KatMan53
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Aug 2019
            • 236

            When the benefits of the drug were first speculated I remember reading articles, just a few days ago, about doctors (yes) prescribing and hoarding the medications for themselves and their families. Perhaps the hoarding nature of a lot of Americans is causing a news and supply tamp-down so pharmacies, hospitals and clinics can have a supply when needed? Just a thought.

            Comment

            • #8
              CPRAFAN
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 1260

              Doctors and Pols Hoarding . . .

              George Carlin, "It's a big club, and you ain't in it". Countries, Dem Governors and Pharmaceutical boards are banning the export or use of the meds; while doctors (and likely high level pols) are hoarding it for themselves - you figure it out. Also, Big Pharma can't make much money off a generic FDA approved antimalarial drug. The one who let the cat out of the bag about Hydroxychloraquine was Trump - now maybe you know another reason the elites hate him so much?


              Originally posted by Aeneas
              So there was a lot of promising talk about hydroxychloraquine used in conjunction with azithromycin producing amazing results for Covid patients. There was also talk of various antivirals that have really been helping people...

              Then all of a sudden nothing...crickets...I don't hear of any efforts to use these meds on people who are clearly in terrible shape, and the outbreak is getting worse, more people are dying, and the response to it is getting more extreme (which seems to be necessary considering what's going on.)

              I work in a hospital, and every time I ask someone at work if they've heard anything about hydroxychloraquine, the response is something along the lines of "Oh that drug that's really dangerous?" or "Oh yeah I heard that there are a lot of side effects." Even if there are a lot of side effects (which to my knowledge there are not ), I think that the worst side effect from Covid (death) is probably worse. These are healhcare professionals, but I imagine that their info is coming from the "news" or social media.

              So what's going on with this? Doctors have reported amazing results with these therapies, but all is silent when it comes to their use in America. I don't get it.

              Comment

              • #9
                Aeneas
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 1127

                Originally posted by theLBC
                i think they are trying to dampen the desire for people without any immediate need for it to go out and get some, possibly denying somebody that actually needs it for covid19 or any other prescriptive needs.

                actually, i don't know, but that is the only good rationalization i can think of.
                if india has stopped exports to protect their own supply, we can't have people hoard it like toilet paper.
                Originally posted by 71MUSTY
                ^^^This right here. India is already hording it, I'm sure other countries are. They are trying to keep it from all ending up in the black market before they can secure it for patients that need it. The fact they are quiet is actually good news not bad.
                There is probably some truth to that rationale. I've heard of many countries stopping exports of the drugs. That should teach our politicians and those who empowered then a bit about outsourcing, eh? However we have to have some supply in the US I would think. People that I work with that have seen treatment of Covid describe early intubation and ventilation, but no specific pharmaceutical therapy.

                Comment

                • #10
                  KatMan53
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Aug 2019
                  • 236

                  Originally posted by CPRAFAN
                  ... The one who let the cat out of the bag about Hydroxychloraquine was Trump - now maybe you know another reason the elites hate him so much?
                  Actually, I read articles about the possible use of this malarial treatment several days before Trump spouted it.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    capo
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4756

                    Originally posted by Aeneas
                    Thanks for the link, however those are studies that are in the planning stages. I'm referring to actual use of the meds at this time.
                    I think it's far too early to expect any curated findings from clinical trials on chloroquine and cholorquine derivative efficacy. It's only been a couple of weeks since this disease started appearing in numbers on our shores.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      theLBC
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Oct 2017
                      • 7329

                      Originally posted by Aeneas
                      There is probably some truth to that rationale. I've heard of many countries stopping exports of the drugs. That should teach our politicians and those who empowered then a bit about outsourcing, eh? However we have to have some supply in the US I would think. People that I work with that have seen treatment of Covid describe early intubation and ventilation, but no specific pharmaceutical therapy.
                      i heard bayer donated 3 million tablets?
                      i don't believe that might be nearly enough if healthy people are taking it.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        edgerly779
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 19871

                        we are waiting for shipment to arrive.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          theLBC
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Oct 2017
                          • 7329

                          i understand they want clinical trials, which means giving half of the patients a placebo and seeing if they die more often than people with the real drug.

                          why don't they just start counting the dead and how many of them were taking it?

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            CPRAFAN
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 1260

                            Average person doesn't read much . . .

                            Trump was on national TV discussing the possibility that this malarial treatment would work and thus publicized it to the masses - the average person, I've heard, reads at most one book a year. There are many illiterates out there who don't understand much as is proved by California elections. You and many on this board are above average. Remember, the average IQ is 100 and many are way below that. Watch "Idiocracy" to see where California is going.

                            Originally posted by KatMan53
                            Actually, I read articles about the possible use of this malarial treatment several days before Trump spouted it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1