Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Skype | Zoom | Or?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • harbormaster
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2017
    • 6718

    Skype | Zoom | Or?

    Which are you guys using for remote meetings. I am a week out from our next board of directors meeting and need to hook one up for the old timers on my Board as they won't meet in person.

    Ease of function, cross platform is the most important, not cost.
    1. Compared to what?
    2. At what cost?
    3. What hard evidence do you have?

    T.S. debunking the Left in 3 simple questions.
  • #2
    yoteassasin
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 2684

    I used zoom for the first time last week and I was impressed .. way better than teams , go to meeting, team up , Skype... at least from what I remember of them. At The of the day the success lyes in the hands of the facilitator of the meeting . Can they manage the tech ,agenda , conversations , side bars , media and remain cool.. I liked that zoom had a ticker of all the people and weld focus in as each user started speaking . I also liked the breakout room function

    Comment

    • #3
      ZX9ALLDAY
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2017
      • 599

      I am using Zoom at the moment, it failed on my work laptop. I hate it.

      Comment

      • #4
        Rodell
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2013
        • 557

        We've switched from GoToMeeting to Zoom. No problems, although their video is a little choppy right now from the surge in use.

        Skype's audio wasn't up to our standards so we abandoned that before GTM.

        Comment

        • #5
          acegunnr
          • Oct 2005
          • 2334

          Another satisfied Zoom user here. I have used Skype and WebEx in the past.

          Comment

          • #6
            SkyHawk
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2012
            • 23531

            Zoom is nice, free for meetings up to 40 minutes with like 100 participants. Supports plenty of devices, I am impressed.

            We use Bluejeans and Webex at work but you cannot beat Zoom for family/friends meetings. My wife has been meeting with her bible study group for 3 weeks now and they do it on Zoom. They had over 60 ladies on the meeting this morning.
            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

            Comment

            • #7
              lazyworm
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 1642

              +1 for zoom as well. They had a couple issues early last week, but overall handling the increase in demand very well.

              Even our karate school is doing zoom meetings.

              Comment

              • #8
                ericyong
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2016
                • 30

                Zoom

                Comment

                • #9
                  rudigan
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 2061

                  Did Skype in past, all Zoom for last few years, we did one with over 60 for an hour and a half last week. Only problem I experience is crappy audio through device many times, might just be me/local thing, regardless, now I always do audio side via landline, much better.
                  Member & Contributor CRPA/NRA

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    smashycrashy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 2999

                    Google hangouts

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      vintagearms
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 6841

                      My work uses zoom. no issues.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tbc
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 5955

                        Microsoft Team.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          steadyrock
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 10236

                          Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            2shotjoe
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 26702

                            I use skype business and zoom daily. Zoom has better quality.

                            Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            ..you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney...
                            Originally posted by Libertarian777
                            ...Don't pick either side....

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              capo
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 4756

                              We use Microsoft Teams, works great so far.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1