Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Carry at home

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bionerd
    Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 344

    Carry at home

    Can I have a loaded gun on me while at home?
    Neighbors have been broken into during the day and night in the mast month one of them shot the robber. Due to lack of preparation, I can foresee armed thugs getting desperate for food or drugs in this high crime area.
    I'm considering what are my options to defend my family. So the the question is for quick access to deal with home intrusions.

    I've installed a series of perimeter alarms and so on, so I dont need advice about creating a defensible space.
    In particular I'm only asking about what are the rules in CA for a gun owner to carry at home.

    Thank you.

    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Yes you can carry loaded and openly or concealed inside your home. Not in your front yard, driveway or front porch unless fenced, not in your garage unless it is closed.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      newbutold
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2017
      • 1952

      Originally posted by SkyHawk
      Yes you can carry loaded and openly or concealed inside your home. Not in your front yard, driveway or front porch unless fenced, not in your garage unless it is closed.
      ^^^^Even in CA your home is your castle to defend
      Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Robert J. Hanlon

      No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

      The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21

      Comment

      • #4
        Bionerd
        Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 344

        Originally posted by SkyHawk
        Yes you can carry loaded and openly or concealed inside your home. Not in your front yard, driveway or front porch unless fenced, not in your garage unless it is closed.
        What about my windows, people can see im inside the house.
        Im keeping them open because someone opened my car in my driveway and took my bug out bag last week

        Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          newbutold
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2017
          • 1952

          Keep the windows open so you don't break the glass. If you miss and hit an innocent you will be in trouble. Be careful........
          Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Robert J. Hanlon

          No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

          The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21

          Comment

          • #6
            559BearDown
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 1555

            Look at what this is doing to some people...You don't need permission in your own home for goodness sake!

            Comment

            • #7
              Harry Ono
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2018
              • 965

              Originally posted by Bionerd
              Can I have a loaded gun on me while at home?
              Neighbors have been broken into during the day and night in the mast month one of them shot the robber. Due to lack of preparation, I can foresee armed thugs getting desperate for food or drugs in this high crime area.
              I'm considering what are my options to defend my family. So the the question is for quick access to deal with home intrusions.

              I've installed a series of perimeter alarms and so on, so I dont need advice about creating a defensible space.
              In particular I'm only asking about what are the rules in CA for a gun owner to carry at home.

              Thank you.

              Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

              law says its ok at home and Your place of business.

              so go ahead, stap on and enjoy.

              Comment

              • #8
                Bionerd
                Member
                • Aug 2016
                • 344

                Originally posted by newbutold
                Keep the windows open so you don't break the glass. If you miss and hit an innocent you will be in trouble. Be careful........
                I dont intend to kill anyone. Hopefully only a deterrent.

                Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #9
                  Divehobo
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 1271

                  Originally posted by 559BearDown
                  Look at what this is doing to some people...You don't need permission in your own home for goodness sake!
                  'cept from the Mrs. and then you smile, say ok and do it anyway
                  NRA Pistol, Rifle, CCW and Metallic Reloading instructor

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bionerd
                    Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • 344

                    Originally posted by 559BearDown
                    Look at what this is doing to some people...You don't need permission in your own home for goodness sake!
                    I'm asking because last time I went to get some shells there was a whole set of new rules to abide for.

                    Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Bionerd
                      Member
                      • Aug 2016
                      • 344

                      Originally posted by Divehobo
                      'cept from the Mrs. and then you smile, say ok and do it anyway
                      My woman is glad im home and she can feel safer in any way.

                      Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        5thgen4runner
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 3514

                        Originally posted by Bionerd
                        I dont intend to kill anyone. Hopefully only a deterrent.

                        Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
                        Nobody wants to kill anyone. But STOP A THREAT. You use whatever means necessary.

                        Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Wordupmybrotha
                          From anotha motha
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 6965

                          Sure, carrying in the home is legal.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sonofeugene
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 4681

                            Originally posted by 5thgen4runner
                            Nobody wants to kill anyone. But STOP A THREAT. You use whatever means necessary.

                            Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                            Only if the perp is inside your home.
                            Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

                            A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

                            Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mayor McRifle
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Dec 2013
                              • 7771

                              Originally posted by sonofeugene
                              Only if the perp is inside your home.
                              This might be your own personal philosophy, but there is no legal requirement for it.
                              Anchors Aweigh

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1