Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MKA 1919

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ericksv2
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 12

    MKA 1919

    Hello calguns people I own one of these shotguns california complaint, but I want to make changes as putting a 6-position buttstock or folding stock but I'm super confused because there are laws regarding such weapons and do not want to break the law anyone of you could educate me in this topic.this is the specification
    Weight 3.25 kg (7.2 lb)
    Length 964 mm (38 in)
    Barrel length 470 mm (19 in)
    MKA-1919BXleft-D.jpg
    this photo is as manufacturednull_zps1ff348ea.jpg
    and I want to do many update without breaking the law please expect an answer thanks
  • #2
    cadman
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 119

    No collapsible or folding stock for the MKA.

    Most of the info you need to know is in the CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart.

    Also be aware of 922R compliance, although there are plenty of US made parts since the thread below:


    The major upgrades on my MKA are the Firebird side charger handguard and Firebird lower. The stock is a Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock.
    Attached Files
    Member: NRA, FPC, NAGR, 2AF, BHA

    Comment

    • #3
      ericksv2
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 12

      Thank you for sharing this valuable information just let me know if I can buy a 10 rounds mags for mka1919?

      Comment

      • #4
        Quiet
        retired Goon
        • Mar 2007
        • 30242

        Originally posted by ericksv2
        Thank you for sharing this valuable information just let me know if I can buy a 10 rounds mags for mka1919?
        Yes. It is CA legal to acquire 10 or less round magazines for it.

        However, the MKA-1919 needs to operate using a fixed magazine to be CA legal.
        So, it must always have a maglock while in CA.
        sigpic

        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

        Comment

        • #5
          reptilla
          Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 304

          I own one of these too and the stock has to be pinned but 10rd mags are good 2 go! I love this gun!

          Comment

          • #6
            ericksv2
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 12

            Thanks for clarifying this question in relation to 10 rounds mag

            Comment

            • #7
              ericksv2
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 12

              My friend I am anxious to use my gun tomorrow at the shooting range

              Comment

              • #8
                cadman
                Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 119

                California compliant MKAs come with bullet buttons.

                MKA magazines generally need tuning to work well.
                Mods worth doing:
                BAD levers. I use mine all the time.
                Thordsen ambidextrous magazine lock. Works with minor modification. Really handy because the size of these guns and magazines make magazine swaps clunky.

                Firebird is coming out with a really sweet drum magazine, unfortunately not for us:
                Member: NRA, FPC, NAGR, 2AF, BHA

                Comment

                • #9
                  ericksv2
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 12

                  yes you're right I was putting 10 rounds in the mag and occasionally the spring gets stuck.you know the trick to repair this type of mag?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cadman
                    Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 119

                    Originally posted by ericksv2
                    yes you're right I was putting 10 rounds in the mag and occasionally the spring gets stuck.you know the trick to repair this type of mag?




                    MKAs do not tolerate ammo with cheap, soft hulls and/or out of round crimps. I have around 13 boxes of Fiocchi slugs that suffer from all three and I can't go for more than a couple rounds without an FTF. Junk ammo.
                    Member: NRA, FPC, NAGR, 2AF, BHA

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ericksv2
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 12

                      You know I think I made a mistake I bought 250 rounds of federal state with a cheap price, I hope to work fine on my shotgun

                      Comment

                      • #12
                      • #13
                        Grakken
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1095

                        How does this compare to a VEPR12 or a Saiga 12?
                        NRA - Life Member

                        Guns don't kill people. People Kill people.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          ericksv2
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 12

                          that depends on each person but technically each of these weapons have their pro i minuses but with some good changes or update all three are very good

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            reptilla
                            Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 304

                            I'm working on some ftf issues with mine right now but it hasn't reall been fully broken in yet either! Dum mag!!! Yaaaaay

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1