Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hard to find shotgun barrels

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • powderedtoastman
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 1152

    Hard to find shotgun barrels

    I have an old wards westernfield SB30a takedown in 16 gauge. The barrel on it now was chopped down to 18-1/2", and I'm looking for a hunting barrel to go on it. Numrich is out of stock, gun-parts.com doesn't carry them. Anybody know of other places I can look for a hard to find barrel like this?
    I fly everywhere backwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dyOxAfEzI
  • #2
    Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23062

    I don't see a Western Field SB30A on the NRA's cross reference list.

    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

    Comment

    • #3
      TRAP55
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2008
      • 5536

      Browning design, Savage/Stevens Model 520, check with Corson's barrels.

      Comment

      • #4
        powderedtoastman
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 1152

        Wow, I already have two new points of reference that I couldn't find before! Thanks guys, I have a cross reference and another place to check every so often.
        I fly everywhere backwards.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dyOxAfEzI

        Comment

        • #5
          powderedtoastman
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 1152

          Just found a complete barrel and slide assembly on gunbroker for 65 bucks. BOO-YAW baby!
          I fly everywhere backwards.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dyOxAfEzI

          Comment

          • #6
            wweigle
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 803

            I have the same Wards Western Field SB30A in 12 gauge. Manufactured as stated above by Stevens. One thing you may or may not be aware of is the design does not include a dis-connector, so if you hold the trigger down and pump the gun it will fire with each pump without you having to reset the trigger. Kind of fun, but something you should definitely be aware of.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1