anyone on here have any experience, own, or shot one before? looks pretty interesting and was thinking about getting one in about a week or two. i have a budget of around $600 including tax. i heard that the early models had some issues but qc worked out all the little quirks they had is this to be true? also the shop i am planning to get it at has only 26in barrel, but i really wanted 28in. is there gonna be much of a diffrence? will be using it mostly for clay, some trap, skeet, and on occasions quails, chukar and tree squirrel.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
cz 712
Collapse
X
-
I don't have any experience with the 712, but I do have the 912 and love it. Great gun for the price, but it does hiccup every know and again. Prefers Federal over Winchester.
For your mentioned uses I would recommend the 28" barrel. I have a 26" barrel on one of my guns, and well I do very well with it, I have done much better with a 28".
Sounds like you have done the research."Bangarang Peter!" -
For $600 I'd try to find a lightly used Beretta 391 or A300 if you want an autoloader. I've never heard anybody say they didn't like their past or current Beretta's. I'm personally a Browning guy but a lot of fellow trap guys I shoot with shoot Beretta singles and doubles.Truckers make the world go 'round!
Interested in shooting Olympic trap? Join CICTSA! (CA International Clay Target Shooting Association)Comment
-
I also have the 912 and absolutely love it. You can pick one up on gunbroker for less than $500 all of the time. That way you'll have the nicer stock and finish and the 28" barrel.If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!
Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777Comment
-
I have a 712 ALS with a 26 in barrel. I've used it for trap, sporting clays, and shotgun competition. I added a +5 Nordic mag extension. It shoots well for the price. It doesn't like Rio game loads, but I've used light loads from Herter's, Winchester & Remington without issues. The finish is not the best, but for $600, I thought it was a decent buy.Comment
-
What part of the state are you in?
I fly everywhere backwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dyOxAfEzIComment
-
I have one. Not a bad shotgun.Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-

Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
that post was from a year ago and his last log in was a year ago so im sure its gone by now. im in socal, riverside countyWhat part of the state are you in?
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showt...A300+OutlanderThe internet has given voice for the incredibly stupid peopleComment
-
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
The deals are out there, it's just that gun prices in CA are usually ridiculous. You have to be extremely vigilant when it comes to hunting down a bargain.
I managed to score a 32" Citori XS Special /w five extended chokes and original Browning briefcase for $1500; the chokes and case alone are worth $400, so I got a $3000 (new) gun for about a grand.
Most recent score was an excellent condition Bersa Thunder .380 /w 3 factory mags and original box/papers for $200. The factory mags are $50 a pop so I technically got the gun for $100.
Trust me, just keep looking and I promise you'll find something.Truckers make the world go 'round!
Interested in shooting Olympic trap? Join CICTSA! (CA International Clay Target Shooting Association)Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,854
Posts: 25,152,497
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 12580 users online. 104 members and 12476 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment