Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for a versatile shotgun...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    DArBad
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 3002

    Originally posted by adramalech916
    So I think I am set on a Winchester SXP Field 12 gauge chambered 3" with a 28" barrel... I like the look and I love the action. I do have to say I regret having my heart set on a firearm not made in the USA, but I think that is the only con I can find at the current moment.
    Then the Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Duck Commander w/ Recoil Reduction System (Catalog #62151) 28 inch, w/Tru-Glo FO sights will be a good equivalent, INCLUDING it being a bonafide American made.

    Comment

    • #32
      hcbr
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 4733

      I'm a winchester nut, so the SX3 in 3.5 or the SXP in 3.5 are GTG!
      Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

      "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
      ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

      Comment

      • #33
        L84CABO
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2009
        • 8776

        Originally posted by ja308
        Have you considered buying different barrels for your 870 ?

        I don't see the value of buying a similar gun when barrel changes are easy and can be customized, included special sights.porting etc

        My 2 cents
        This!

        You've already got a great pump gun. So what's wrong with it? Or if it's good for a few things but not all, then dedicate it to those things it does well and buy a more specialized gun to handle the remainder.

        Personally, I'd spend the money for the barrel I needed for the 870 and then save my pennies for a nice semi auto...like a Benelli M2 which is a great all around workhorse semi auto.
        "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

        Fighter Pilot

        Comment

        • #34
          dc2allday
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 3559

          Don't waste your money on the supernova. Get the standard model nova in barrel length of your choice and be done, ability to shoot 3 1/2s, reliable, feed interrupt button never used it but cool option.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
          You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

          -Mb

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1