Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

OU takedown case

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • M1NM
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2011
    • 7966

    OU takedown case

    Anybody have a source for the cases for an OU where you store the barrels seperated from the frame? Found a lot of them for $3-500 too steep for my blood.
    Thanks

    I did find this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/SKB-Cases-...1-X-7/31197718
    Last edited by M1NM; 03-29-2014, 4:30 PM.
  • #2
    Thefeeder
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2007
    • 5007

    ><

    EBay... "Browning Case"

    Search will bring up some clones in the 120.00 range also

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      ysr_racer
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 12014

      I use a Boyt Take Down soft case. Keeps the gun safe, and doesn't take up too much space.

      Comment

      • #5
        edgerly779
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 19871

        Nothing matches a leather bound browning fitted hard case.

        Comment

        • #6
          RedFord150
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 5665

          Below is very similar to the case I keep my Beretta O/U in:



          I think Jeff's Outfitters replaced Cape Outfitters. I bought mine from Cape. Lot's of good choices at Jeff's for under $200.00.

          Good luck.
          Last edited by RedFord150; 03-29-2014, 7:24 AM.
          God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

          Comment

          • #7
            cc426
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 647

            You could get a "tactical" case for an ar15 that has pick and pluck foam to fit it for a shotgun instead

            Would probably run you $100 or so and are usually pretty sturdy cases

            Comment

            • #8
              ysr_racer
              Banned
              • Mar 2006
              • 12014

              Some of those are nice, but for travel nothing beats a Boyt soft case in a Tuffpak. Around town I just use the soft case.

              The soft case, ammo, vest, boots, and a ton of other crap fit in it.



              Comment

              • #9
                bug_eyedmonster
                • Oct 2007
                • 3639

                I ended up using a Pelican case that I scored for way less than $200 and had foam custom cut for it. I think I'm in it for a grand total of $200 actually, including the foam being cut. The soft case from Boyt is a great option as well if you don't mind a soft case.


                Jerry
                The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

                Comment

                • #10
                  wweigle
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 803

                  I also have the Boyd take down case. Works great for my Citori. Excellent quality.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    Bullwhip55
                    Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 224

                    E-Bay

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      alfred1222
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 7331

                      Browning case off of eBay
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      This guy is a complete and total idiot.
                      /thread.

                      ΦΑ

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1