Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dumb shotgun questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Jimmybacon43
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 2000

    Originally posted by NapalmCheese
    It's possible that your gun just prints high, but it's more possible that it doesn't fit you. The comb is too high or you need more drop in the stock or you aren't mounting it properly.
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    I know the Maverick 88 is close in design to the 500, but I'm not sure if it applies.

    The 500 was drop tested at a height of 4 feet per military specification and did not fire. In most modern shotguns there is no way for the force of gravity to overcome the firing pin spring to the point of setting off the primer. A shotgun is inherently limited in ammo capacity and thus should be used with the greatest possible amount of ammo.

    So the question is, are you storing it at a height greater than 4 ft?
    It is most likely user error, I'd have to take the shotgun out again to say for sure if it's the gun or the user. I'm assuming user.

    I don't store it higher than 4 feet....and realistically it will probably not go off if it falls over or something. I'd just rather stay on the safe side. But yeah 5 rounds is kind of lacking, it would definitely be cool to have a 590 with 8 round mag capacity.
    Originally posted by RookieShooter
    One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

    Comment

    • #17
      anti
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 2098

      Don't look at the bead when you shoot the shotgun. Just make sure you're properly shouldering it with the stock pushing your cheek fat up, head level - not tilted into the stock, and facing straight. When properly shouldered it should hit where you're looking at. If not, make sure you're shouldering it properly, if you are then there's a fitment issue.
      Truckers make the world go 'round!

      Interested in shooting Olympic trap? Join CICTSA! (CA International Clay Target Shooting Association)

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1