Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mossberg 500/590 with CAR stock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scott.cr
    Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 202

    Mossberg 500/590 with CAR stock

    Was at the Crossroads show in Las Vegas last weekend and spotted a Mossberg (looked like a 590; could have been a 500) with a collapsible CAR stock. Can anyone verify if this is a factory Mossberg model?

    I scoured Mossberg's site and it looks as though it hasn't been updated in like six years.
  • #2
    soopafly
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2039

    probably has one of several adapters on the market:


    Mesa Tactical designs and manufactures American-made, duty-grade firearm and shotgun accessories trusted by law enforcement and professionals.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Shane916
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2006
      • 5004

      I believe the factory ones are made by ATI. Which if you know that company then you know the quality hehe

      I have the Knoxx one and its sweet

      Find information, resources and relevant links for knoxx.com. This domain may be for sale.


      Little cheaper at
      Impact Guns
      Last edited by Shane916; 11-06-2011, 4:33 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        Rob454
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2006
        • 11254

        I had one of those. I think it was made by ATI. I didnt much care for it. Too hollow and cheap feel on the stock. Besides If I had to use that to butt stroke someone it woudl fall apart.. the nice thing about the ATI stock is you can completely remove the collapsible part of the stock leaving a pistol grip
        Rob

        Comment

        • #5
          rod
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 2245

          I checked out the latest catalog from Moss and I didn't see anything with a collapsable stock. I just put one on my 500 from Mesa Tactical. I think some stores might put one on themselves to sell but it's not a factory install.

          Rod
          sigpic
          Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! (Stonewall Jackson's reply to Colonel B.E. Bee when he reported that the enemy were beating them back. At the first battle of Bull Run, July 1861)
          VCDL Member
          Retired Navy CPO

          Comment

          • #6
            JaeFern
            Senior Member
            • May 2006
            • 1796

            Originally posted by Rob454
            I had one of those. I think it was made by ATI. I didnt much care for it. Too hollow and cheap feel on the stock. Besides If I had to use that to butt stroke someone it woudl fall apart.. the nice thing about the ATI stock is you can completely remove the collapsible part of the stock leaving a pistol grip
            Rob
            I had one like that too. Felt cheap (and it sorta was) but it could be left without the collapsible part. Plus there were attachments available to put things on like shotshell holders and flashlight holders. Didn't do much else for me though.

            Comment

            • #7
              Shane916
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2006
              • 5004

              Remington was smart and put the Knoxx SpecOps on there guns.



              Mossberg put the ATI on there's.

              Here is an older auction of the semi new Mossberg with the ATI stock from factory.

              Last edited by Shane916; 05-18-2006, 9:59 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                scott.cr
                Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 202

                Thanks for the posts! That one on Gunbroker was the one I was wondering about. Seems to be a rare model.

                Actually I was asking because a friend of mine shouldered it and liked the collapsible stock and the price ($349). Obviously I haven't fired the gun, but the stock piece didn't seem that cheap to me, but then agains I wasn't sure what I was looking at/for.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Rob454
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 11254

                  Originally posted by Shane916
                  Here is an older auction of the semi new Mossberg with the ATI stock from factory.

                  http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48079576
                  That was the EXACT stock I had on my mossberg. If thats a factroy stock someone is BSing because thats a ATI stock. Or at least they can be purchased from ATI fro about 50-60$
                  Rob

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Shane916
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 5004

                    Originally posted by Rob454
                    That was the EXACT stock I had on my mossberg. If thats a factroy stock someone is BSing because thats a ATI stock. Or at least they can be purchased from ATI fro about 50-60$
                    Rob
                    Correct, It was rumored that Mossberg would put ATI stocks on there factory tacticals similar to what Remington did with Knoxx stocks. Otherwise that auction I haven't been able to confirm or deny that ATI and Mossberg have done so. So that seller may have made it up or may actually have the supposed Mossberg with ATI stock from the factory.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mesa Tactical
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 1746

                      Originally posted by Rob454
                      That was the EXACT stock I had on my mossberg. If thats a factroy stock someone is BSing because thats a ATI stock. Or at least they can be purchased from ATI fro about 50-60$
                      Remington uses ATI folding stocks now.

                      Remington LE has also offered an AR-15 stock based on the Armstech nylon AR adapter.

                      Both Remington and Mossberg really like cheap plastic stuff because that's what most of their customers want.
                      Lucy at www.mesatactical.com

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TRP PRO 1911
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 311

                        Originally posted by Mesa Tactical
                        Remington uses ATI folding stocks now.

                        Remington LE has also offered an AR-15 stock based on the Armstech nylon AR adapter.

                        Both Remington and Mossberg really like cheap plastic stuff because that's what most of their customers want.

                        I have tested all of the stocks and Mesa Tac's setup is vastly superior and has held up well. Many of our customers like the Mesa setup. However, I suggest getting the optional rubber cover for the CAR stock. Our shop sells a lot of them. That reminds me, I have to call Mitch or Dan over at Mesa to place another order

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Pido11
                          Junior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 57

                          I have a Mossberg 500 the combo package. I got it from one of my friend and It has a Colapsable stock. So neat!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1