Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Who is running the Beretta 1301?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chilidaugz
    Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 198

    Who is running the Beretta 1301?

    Not much info other than it is a speed gun.
  • #2
    SuperSet
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2007
    • 9048

    I just got one and have some stuff about it on my YouTube channel. So far, excellent shotgun.

    Comment

    • #3
      tmh1
      Kitchen Operator
      CGN Contributor
      • Nov 2012
      • 1903

      I've got a 1301 Comp with a 21" barrel.

      What do I love about it?
      1) Eats EVERY kind of ammo I have fed it from cheap low brass target/game rounds to low recoil buckshot to standard recoil buckshot. Never a hiccup, not once. Just spits out empty hulls as fast as I can pull the trigger.
      2) Great ergonomics - Large cocking handle, large bolt release, large safety button.
      3) The safety is in the CORRECT location - at the front of the trigger guard where your trigger finger will naturally be prior to shooting (may not work out as well for you if you are used to the Rem 870, or other guns where the safety is at the rear of the trigger guard).
      4) Easy to increase magazine capacity with Nordic Components extension (I went for the +2, but a +3 would just slightly overhang the end of the barrel).
      5) Shoots as fast as I can pull the trigger - sometimes seems even faster.
      6) Very mild recoil.
      7) Easy to adjust length of pull with spacers provided with the gun.
      8) Quick and easy sighting with the mid-length bead combined with fiberoptic front sight.
      9) Easy to clean and maintain.

      Things I don't absolutely love about it:

      1) Haven't found anything yet.

      Here's mine. Extra shells are in a card from SKD Tactical. Velcro'd to the side of the receiver.

      sigpic
      "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

      Comment

      • #4
        Vertigofirearms
        Member
        • Mar 2013
        • 430

        Very informative video there Superset!

        How does this (mainly the weight balance) compare to the M2?
        Originally posted by SBCZILLA (ARFCOM)
        Its a ****in tube, one end capped, one end threaded. Dont over think it.

        Comment

        • #5
          SuperSet
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2007
          • 9048

          Hey man,
          Weight between Benelli M2 and Beretta 1301 is very similar. I'm guessing somewhere around 7 lbs. Both are fast handling compared to my FN SLP (heavy but absolute beast of a shotgun).

          Comment

          • #6
            kdruff2
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 1218

            We need to squad up one day so I can ruin your day by shooting your stuff

            Comment

            • #7
              Chilidaugz
              Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 198

              Cool video, How does the Recoil compare to..... let us say a M2 or Versamax?

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1