Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shot gun layaway LOCATIONS ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wheelsonly
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 549

    Shot gun layaway LOCATIONS ?

    So I just purchased a Fabarms xlr5 velocity and have been shooting more sporting clays at coyote valley and at my ranch in Napa.. My Brother in law was looking at a browning but his wife wont let him seal the deal.. He is looking for a shop that will allow him to make payments.aprox... 60 days . I told him he can make payment to me but she shot that down also. lol. Anyone know of any shops that allow that ? coyote doesn't do this but everytime I order a gun from the I usually put a deposit wait the 2-4 weeks for it to arrive and pay the rest when it shows up.. I think he is looking at clitoris or if anyone has something for sale let me know I will pass it on.

    Feel free to pm me the location..
  • #2
    bigbearbear
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 5378

    Why not buy online? They do have layaway plans:


    When I bought my first shotgun, I did it online too. Nothing to it really, you pay the vendor online (or finish the layaway plan in your case), they will send you an invoice, via email my case. I print out the invoice, take it to my local gun store and have them receive the shotgun for me. You can start the DROS process right away, without having to wait for the shotgun to be delivered. 10 days later, just go pick it up.

    There are also home based FFLs that can receive the online purchased shotgun for you, my colleague recently used Roger's Relic for his online purchase.

    P.S.: How often do you shoot at Coyote Valley? Wife and I are usually there on weekends (Sat), look for a couple with a Benelli SuperSport and a Benelli M2. We're newbies and we tend to stay at the trap field.
    Last edited by bigbearbear; 12-31-2013, 12:09 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Wheelsonly
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 549

      I will have him look into that... Thank you. We go maybe once a month I have a ranch in napa and copperopolis so we shoot there a lot. This is from this weekend


      Comment

      • #4
        Intimid8tor
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2007
        • 6607

        Originally posted by Wheelsonly
        I think he is looking at clitoris or if anyone has something for sale let me know I will pass it on.

        ..
        Probably won't be able to put a CLITORIS on layaway at a gun shop.

        I'm assuming you meant citori and autocorrect may have bitten you.
        Starve the beast, move to a free state.

        Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."

        Comment

        • #5
          ysr_racer
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 12014

          Credit card ?

          Comment

          • #6
            canopis
            Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 288

            Both Bud's Gun Shop and Grab-a-Gun online will do 90-day layaway. I have used Bud's layaway a couple of times to "hold" handguns when I found them at a good price but was still in my 1-in-30 period. I haven't used Grab-a-Gun's layaway, but I have bought from them in the past with no issues.

            I see that Grab-a-Gun also has a payment plan (you put a portion down, they ship out the gun, you make payments). Never tried it, though.
            I am not a lawyer, so my dribbles are not legal advice.

            Comment

            • #7
              whipkiller
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2009
              • 3461

              Originally posted by Wheelsonly
              My Brother in law was looking at a browning but his wife wont let him seal the deal..

              she shot that down also. lol.

              I think he is looking at clitoris or if anyone has something for sale let me know I will pass it on.

              Feel free to pm me the location..


              I think I may have determined why his wife is not on board with this.
              Too many hobbies, Too little time.

              Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

              Comment

              • #8
                Wheelsonly
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 549

                Lol auto spell check on the I phone 5s lol

                That would be one tasty gun
                Last edited by Wheelsonly; 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  raven290
                  Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • 361

                  Guns fishing and other stuff in vacaville does layaway. A lot of people don't like them, but ymmv. Full disclosure, I used to work there.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bsg
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 25954

                    if he's looking at clitoris, that explains it; it's powerful stuff and she got the last word in.

                    he simply needs to inquire about layaway or extended layaway from shops that have examples of what he wants.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wirenut6
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 146

                      Imbert & Smithers in San Carlos does. I've done it a couple of times with them. If I rememberccorrectly, it's a minimum $100 down and 90 days to pay it off.
                      __________

                      Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

                      Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Off the Roster
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 2354

                        while more expensive, i highly recommend buying a NIB clitoris wherever you end up going.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hermosabeach
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 19807

                          If he will have the money in two months, why not wait until he has the funds?
                          Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                          Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                          Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                          Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                          (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bsg
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 25954

                            Originally posted by hermosabeach
                            If he will have the money in two months, why not wait until he has the funds?
                            i believe the OP wants to lock-in a shooting partner.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              midlife
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • 711

                              Don't get layaway. Between credit cards and just saving up, what's the point?
                              ----------------------------
                              K80 Trap Special

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1