Are shotguns without a stock legal in California? I.E. Just a pistol grip? As long as it has an 18 inch barrel right?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Stockless shotguns
Collapse
X
-
I believe it must be 18 inches and not be semi-automatic. It must be a pump action or single shot. Not that you would do that with a single shot.Quote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke -
Yup, pretty sure that that is true.
Basically, you have to be 21 to buy any firearm from an FFL, execpt for rifles and shotguns, which you can be 18. A PGO shotgun is not a federally-defined shotgun (shotgun is defined as designed to be shoulder-fired) and is merely a firearm, and without the shotgun definition, you have to be 21.Jack
Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.Comment
-
Yes do a search on it. A lot of members here, including a mod decided to bash me for saying sonething about that law until Bwiese was able to prove it for me..22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
.45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
.30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...Comment
-
I asked DOJ Firearms Division that same question; The lady on the phone said:
The barrel must be at least 18”.
The overall gun had to be 25” (maybe she said 22” and I just rounded it off; go with the 25”, and you won’t be wrong).
Those were, quit literally, the restrictions. Yes, I know it’s a shock. I expected her to hang up on me. I was testing to fail, and instead I failed.
As to age, I can not say. (That question didn’t come up, as I was well over 21 at the time.)Comment
-
The minimum length must be 26" per Fed and CA law, unless you work the NFA options.Jack
Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,826
Posts: 25,152,100
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 9524 users online. 110 members and 9414 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment