Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

shooting blanks 4t of july

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • windsheer
    Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 325

    shooting blanks 4t of july


    Is it legal to shoot 12 gauge shotgun with blanks in my backyard for 4th of july celebration or new years eve too . We use these in san diego bay within sight of aircraft carriers for local sailboat races . I held a shootgun to help start a race and harbor police just cruise by , no big deal.

    Any one know for sure

    leo's ??

    tanks
    Rancho Punetas California
  • #2
    5150Marcelo
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 7681

    Brandishing a firearm would be illegal if one of your neigbors saw you. And I think its still falls under discharging a firearm within city limits... or something like that.
    Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
    Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
    Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
    Originally posted by Slayer;
    Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      emc002
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 2331

      Did anybody else read the OP's post with a Russian accent or is it just me?

      BTW, illegal if you're in SD city limits.
      "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

      "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

      Comment

      • #4
        5150Marcelo
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2008
        • 7681

        Originally posted by emc002
        Did anybody else read the OP's post with a Russian accent or is it just me?

        BTW, illegal if you're in SD city limits.
        I guess you should have just said its ILLEGAL-SKI!!!
        Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
        Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
        Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
        Originally posted by Slayer;
        Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          windsheer
          Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 325

          I was born & raised and have aged well in so cal

          Branishing in your own back yard as in pointing up towards the moon ?

          We've Or the yacht clubs have been shooting blanks for years in San Diego Bay .

          I have lots of blanks, so tempting

          Maybe I should just go to the range and poke holes in cardboard
          Rancho Punetas California

          Comment

          • #6
            rue
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 1355

            Anyone have blank 50 DTC rounds? BOOM! (WTF?)
            Originally posted by halifax
            How about the next time a kid gets suspended/expelled for simply drawing a picture of a gun. I see a federal civil rights lawsuit against the school district for violation of 1st & 2nd amendments.


            Originally posted by CA357
            I am getting old and my bull***** tolerance is rapidly diminishing.

            Comment

            • #7
              5150Marcelo
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2008
              • 7681

              I need 50AE blanx!
              Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
              Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
              Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
              Originally posted by Slayer;
              Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                5150Marcelo
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2008
                • 7681

                Originally posted by windsheer
                I was born & raised and have aged well in so cal

                Branishing in your own back yard as in pointing up towards the moon ?

                We've Or the yacht clubs have been shooting blanks for years in San Diego Bay .

                I have lots of blanks, so tempting

                Maybe I should just go to the range and poke holes in cardboard
                The guns the yacht clubs and other places use to start races and stuff like that are incapable of shooting a live round. Well, LEGALLY they are not supposed to be capable to shoot a live round.
                Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
                Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
                Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
                Originally posted by Slayer;
                Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  CSACANNONEER
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 44094

                  Originally posted by rue
                  Anyone have blank 50 DTC rounds? BOOM! (WTF?)
                  They're not hard to make. I know several people who fireform their 50BMG brass with a fast burning powder, cream of wheat and a .510 P-wad. The same would work for DTCs.
                  NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                  California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                  Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                  Utah CCW Instructor


                  Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                  sigpic
                  CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                  KM6WLV

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dark Water
                    Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 156

                    Get some fireworks

                    On the fourth of July just shoot off some fireworks or find another way of entertaining yourself. Im not sure on the legalities of the whole thing but your just asking for trouble. I wouldn't do it if I were you.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      randy
                      In Memoriam
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 4642

                      This is California. If it looks cool, sounds cool, or would be fun it's illegal. There are some exemptions. What you want doesn't fall into them.
                      I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

                      When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        PzKfW
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 1005

                        You might get away with it. You might not.

                        Your choice.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Beelzy
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 9225

                          That would be, "discharge of a firearm within city limits".

                          NOT legal.
                          "I kill things for a living, don't make yourself one of them"

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1