Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Promag C stock for Benelli M4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dhoggs
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Nov 2011
    • 493

    Promag C stock for Benelli M4

    Is there anybody here who installed or bought the Promag collapsible stock which is advertised to be 922.R compliant for the Benelli M4? I need your thoughts on this product before I pull the trigger in getting one, pinning it and installing it on my M4 which is still in jail

    I know this is a knock off from the original Benelli C stock but.... Im not going to spend $500-800 on an oem Benelli C Stock just to have it pinned.
  • #2
    mavericksun
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 349

    My understanding is that in Kalifornia a shotgun can not have both a collapsible stock and pistol grip. 922.R is a Federal law, not a Kalifornia law. So even if you are 922.R compliant, you still need to pin the collapsible stock if you have the pistol grip.

    Comment

    • #3
      jdben92883
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 3635

      Collapsible stock is a no-go on an M4 in California.
      NRA Benefactor Member

      Comment

      • #4
        yf19ex
        Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 110

        If everyone would read the original post, I believe it is going to be pinned?

        Anywhoo, I have seen reviews on the Benelli forum about it.

        Comment

        • #5
          Saym14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 7892

          why do this if you have to pin it ? anyways I went with the mesa tactical with limbsaver pad.

          Comment

          • #6
            yf19ex
            Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 110

            In the case for the M4 is about completing the look. I can relate to that.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dhoggs
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Nov 2011
              • 493

              ^ This. ^ It's for the looks and for the shortened LOP.

              As I mentioned on my original post, the collapsible stock is to be pinned this is why I am not willing to spend a large chunck of $$$ for an oem Benelli C stock.

              Comment

              • #8
                mavericksun
                Member
                • May 2010
                • 349

                Originally posted by Dhoggs
                ^ This. ^ It's for the looks and for the shortened LOP.

                As I mentioned on my original post, the collapsible stock is to be pinned this is why I am not willing to spend a large chunck of $$$ for an oem Benelli C stock.
                My mistake, I read your original post wrong. I thought you meant 922R would make it legal in CA. Just looked at the pro-mag site, they seem to sell it as a kit along with the forend. Quality of build and actual 922R compliance seems to be the issues people talk about (no "Made in USA" stamp).

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mitch
                  Mostly Harmless
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6580

                  I'd be interested in learning how you intend to pin a factory style collapsing stock.
                  Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                  Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dhoggs
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 493

                    I'm guessing it's same as when you pin a collapsing stock for AR's. There are a few videos in youtube showing how this is done. I could be wrong though.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mitch
                      Mostly Harmless
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 6580

                      Originally posted by Dhoggs
                      I'm guessing it's same as when you pin a collapsing stock for AR's. There are a few videos in youtube showing how this is done. I could be wrong though.
                      It's nothing like pinning a stock for an AR. That's why I ask.
                      Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                      Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Dhoggs
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 493

                        Midway USA will have this on stock next month for $121.99. For that price im willing to buy it and try pinning it. Im sure there is a way to pin it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mitch
                          Mostly Harmless
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 6580

                          What you might try is removing the adjustment button (it's secured in the factory stock by a split pin) and drilling a hole through the housing to accept a bolt that can engage the adjustment groove on the recoil spring tube. This bolt has to be exactly the right diameter, small enough to engage the groove and large enough to ensure the stock doesn't wiggle or move when the bolt is secured in place (the factory adjustment button is a spring loaded taper, so it securely engages the groove when released). The hole has to be drilled precisely co-radial with the adjustment button hole to engage the groove properly.

                          If you could get this to work, I suppose it would be legal, since if the bolt was removed the stock would basically flop around and fall off. But I've never tried it, and never seen it tried.
                          Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                          Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mitch
                            Mostly Harmless
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 6580

                            Originally posted by Killer Bee
                            if you can locate the recoil tube that does not have the grooves that allow the forward locking positions for the butt stock then it would conceivably be non-collapsible as far as practical minded folks would be concerned.. but whoever 'they' are is the real question in these discussions. I personally wouldn't trouble myself with movement as far as takedown and assembly so long as the stock would not lock in a usable forward position..

                            Yeah, I took that photo. There are two problems with using the single position recoil tube:

                            1. Many (most? all?) Benelli M4s now ship with the three-position tubes; and

                            2. The LoP with that set-up is nearly 14 inches.

                            Otherwise, I can't think of any legal restrictions with using the "collapsing" stock on the single position tube, despite the concerns of some of the people in the thread you posted. It's just not very practical.

                            Originally posted by Killer Bee
                            another view of the tube differences by model number.. gives you a peak inside if you're apprehensive to twist your stock off before buying the c stock..

                            That's a great photo. The middle one was what was originally issued to the USMC. It had two positions, too long and too short. The Stock of Fail.
                            Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                            Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Saym14
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 7892

                              Originally posted by jessegpresley
                              The OEM stock is too long and pinning c-stocks are too much trouble for questionable gain. The Mesa Urbino is not perfect but its the best option for me.
                              me too

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1