Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

870 compact

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • islandchanel
    Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 463

    870 compact

    So ice been looking on getting a 20 gauge shotgun for the wife and think I've settled on an 870 compact. Anyone have one or shot one? Will be using it for clay/dove.
  • #2
    negolien
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 4829

    If you want to have a shotty for Home Defense and Sporting I would suggest the Big 5 combo. it is a 12 gauge but it's also very versatile. The one you were looking at was a 20 gauge 18 1/2" barrel right? Gonna be hard to use that for sporting clays I think. Unless you wanted to just order another barrel which you CAN do but would be rather expensive compared to the Mossberg combo.
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

    George Orwell

    http://www.AnySoldier.com

    Comment

    • #3
      islandchanel
      Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 463

      It will be the 21 inch. I have that combo already , but its too hard for her to pump the gun.

      Comment

      • #4
        Dattebayo
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 2344

        Originally posted by islandchanel
        It will be the 21 inch. I have that combo already , but its too hard for her to pump the gun.
        Why not try grabbing a semi auto shotgun. The perceived recoil is much less and your wife will not have to worry about pumping the gun.

        For trap and skeet, I recommend checking out the CZ 712 as it is very affordable and comes with 3 chokes in either a 20", 26", and 28" barrels. Magazine extensions are easy to add as CZ uses Benelli Nova mag extensions. Barrels are easy swapped out as well on my CZ so ordering extra barrels from them isn't an issue. Great thing is all 3 barrels come with chokes which extend their versatility. These shotguns are also gas guns, so the kick is significantly reduced. I paid $420 for mine shipped to my LGS, which puts it about the same price as the Remington pump you were looking at.

        Another popular choice are the Remingtons and Mossberg - which will probably have more aftermarket stuff for their shotguns.
        Last edited by Dattebayo; 05-11-2013, 12:05 PM.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1