Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mercury recoil reduction?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mbiker_101
    Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 314

    Mercury recoil reduction?

    I have a mossberg 930 spx that I'm in the process of modifying for training/3 gun. Well the question is if I go through training, shooting 400rnds appx and setting up the gun to my needs, I'm shortening the LOP an inch and was thinking of putting a limbsaver on to save my shoulder and mercury recoil weight. My friend also shoots skeet and says his dad has a mercury recoil reduction in his stock and it reduces the kick to nothing. I've done my research an was thinking if I could add the mercury recoil reduction to the stock and a limbsaver I would be good to go for numerous shoots of slugs etc.

    And before you post a link about the push pull technique just save it, I know to push the forend forward and pull the stock towards me. I just want to know if mercury really helps or it's just the added weight?

    I'm not a sissy I just would love to have as little kick as possible for faster follow up shots and just pure fun.

    Thanks
  • #2
    Tri750
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 1030

    Look into a Knoxx stock. It has internal springs to absorb the recoil. They make at least two styles, an adjustable M4 type and a stock appearing type. I have the M4 on my Mossy 500, very nice. Knoxx recently got purchased by Blackhawk I believe. It worked that well.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mbiker_101
      Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 314

      Tri thanks but Knox doesn't make a stock for the 930spx. I bought another factory stock so I'm experimenting. Shortening the length of pull is not so easy on these guns because the recoil spring tube goes all the way back to the original stock length.

      Comment

      • #4
        Whiterabbit
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2010
        • 7599

        definitely put a limbsaver on. My turkey gun was essentially unshootable, and I'm no sissy either. It's just those 3.5" 2 oz shells in a 6 lb shotgun..... I fit the fattest limbsaver I could find on there and the problem is solved, no mercury required.

        When I asked about mercury, folks suggested I just cast a slug of lead into the stock and slip that in instead. They clearly thought all the benefit was in the weight, not in the free movement of mercury.

        I have answered your true question not-at-all.

        -S

        Comment

        • #5
          uxo2
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 4003

          look into porting
          Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
          Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
          One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
          George Patton

          Comment

          • #6
            Mbiker_101
            Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 314

            Thanks white rabbit, that's what I was thinking, it's the weight that helps not the actual mercury. I will have to experiment with limbsaver size because the stock size changes when you cut off an inch. The good news is I have the factory stock I can always go back to to compare.

            Thanks

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1