Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hawk 982 magazine extention question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jimmy310
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 1766

    Hawk 982 magazine extention question

    Does anyone know if the hawk's magazine tube has the magazine tube dimples that need to be drilled out?



    i pick mine up on tuesday and want to be ready to either have to drill (and buy the appropriate drill bit), or just install it.
    Last edited by Jimmy310; 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM.



    WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721
  • #2
    fal_762x51
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 2732

    I have a Norinco 98 (should be the same?). If it does have it, I used a deep well socket and smacked it in there. Smoothed it out with a brass punch.

    Also, what extension are you using?
    sigpic

    Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.

    Comment

    • #3
      surplus-addict
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 6534

      I used a sanding drum on a dremel and sanded them both out untill the follower would feed through? There is a liiiiitle bit of metal on there still, but I would try FAL's idea first.
      Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
      Originally posted by loophole
      What's a PIN number? Or an ATM?
      You don't watch much porn, do you?
      Hammer
      1. The weapon of Kestryll
      Hammered:
      1. Getting BTFO by Kestryll with the hammer

      Comment

      • #4
        negolien
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 4829

        Do NOT use the Socket method lol. I' am sure Appi will be in here saying the same thing soon. Yes, it has the dimples..just drill em out and use cold blue method.
        "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

        George Orwell

        http://www.AnySoldier.com

        Comment

        • #5
          Jimmy310
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 1766

          Can anyone confirm it does have the dents?



          WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

          Comment

          • #6
            Dozen Gauge
            Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 178

            It appears so. Read thru this: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=206552

            Comment

            • #7
              Jimmy310
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 1766

              Originally posted by Dozen Gauge
              Thanks bud!



              WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

              Comment

              • #8
                ainako
                Junior Member
                • May 2012
                • 66

                You might like what this guy did

                Comment

                • #9
                  cesboze
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 92

                  Yes. There are dimples on the mag tube. Just drill them out carefully and cold blue the holes to prevent rusting. Make sure you get the whole dimple so the follower isn't obstructed. Do that part right and you're GTG. I got a 1 shell mag extention from Royal Arms from EBay for like $35. I don't know if they still have them though. Here a picture.IMG047.jpg

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    newglockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 1592

                    Originally posted by negolien
                    Do NOT use the Socket method lol. I' am sure Appi will be in here saying the same thing soon. Yes, it has the dimples..just drill em out and use cold blue method.
                    This. I think because you can damage the receiver by using the socket method.
                    John 3:16

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Jimmy310
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 1766

                      Originally posted by ainako
                      You might like what this guy did
                      http://valueshooter.com/?p=456
                      This is what i originally had planned. I liked it because i wanted to go 7+1.

                      Picked up the hawk today. I drilled out the dimples and sanded then steel wool'd around the holes. I then sprayed a poly sealant on there for the time being until my cold blue comes in the mail. Everything moves in there the way it should ....Heres the bad news

                      The Nordic Components +1 extension i bought with the stock magazine spring is supposed to make this a 7+1. 7 shells dont fit in the magazine, i can fit 6 and then another 1/2 way in. The other problem is the magazine tube spring doesnt have enough oomph to eject the last shell out of the tube. It gets stuck 1/2 way in the magazine tube.

                      I guess i need to find a shorter spring thats higher strength....wolfe maybe?
                      I did get a spring with my nordic components mag extension, but its twice as long as the stock one.



                      WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        9mill
                        Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 304

                        you didn't put that plastic spring retainer back in did you? that will take up space. the spring should work maybe its to long

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TZL
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 3197

                          I used the Wilson combat +1 ext

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            negolien
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 4829

                            hum

                            Originally posted by Jimmy310
                            This is what i originally had planned. I liked it because i wanted to go 7+1.

                            Picked up the hawk today. I drilled out the dimples and sanded then steel wool'd around the holes. I then sprayed a poly sealant on there for the time being until my cold blue comes in the mail. Everything moves in there the way it should ....Heres the bad news

                            The Nordic Components +1 extension i bought with the stock magazine spring is supposed to make this a 7+1. 7 shells dont fit in the magazine, i can fit 6 and then another 1/2 way in. The other problem is the magazine tube spring doesnt have enough oomph to eject the last shell out of the tube. It gets stuck 1/2 way in the magazine tube.

                            I guess i need to find a shorter spring thats higher strength....wolfe maybe?
                            I did get a spring with my nordic components mag extension, but its twice as long as the stock one.
                            Try sending a pm to Appi. maybe he has some advice. You could always cut the spring that came with the extension I have heard people do that before. Not sure how you'd know how much to cut but sure you could figure it out.
                            "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                            George Orwell

                            http://www.AnySoldier.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Jimmy310
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 1766

                              Originally posted by negolien
                              Try sending a pm to Appi. maybe he has some advice. You could always cut the spring that came with the extension I have heard people do that before. Not sure how you'd know how much to cut but sure you could figure it out.
                              Thanks for the advice, i already tried that.




                              WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1