Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shot sporting clays at birds landing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mana4real
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 435

    Shot sporting clays at birds landing

    So being only my second trip to try out sporting clays, I figure I did pretty good. Hit 81 out of 100. I must say, I truely enjoyed the experience. It was a club shoot for USI this past weekend. It was definitely worth doing. I actually went with the crew I met from here on Calguns. Sporting clays was definitely a great experience and I'd be happy to do it again. I think I want to head out to coyote valley and shoot that course again (first time I shot it, we shot about 2/3 of the stations for less then 50 shots. The people I were shooting with were new and impatient), and it's a little bit closer to home. Thumbs up for sporting clays
  • #2
    GunninIt
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 395

    Welcome to the addiction that is clay sports! Lots of arguments about which is better (much like the ones of Chevy v. Ford, or Coke v. Pepsi), but they're all fun. So long as it promotes shooting, safety, fun - it's all good!

    Comment

    • #3
      TROYSD
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 321

      81 is awesome. most people shoot about 50-60 their first couple of times. i dont kknow that course . ive seen a lot of people humbled who thought they were great shots.
      troysd

      Comment

      • #4
        odysseus
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2005
        • 10407

        I love sporting clays, and I wish I could get out more to the good spots to do it.
        "Just leave me alone, I know what to do." - Kimi Raikkonen

        The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
        - John Adams

        http://www.usdebtclock.org/

        Comment

        • #5
          lwlaml
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 675

          I started shooting SC and a little trap to hone my 3-gun skills. Now I'm hooked and looking for an O/U gun. Arg!!! It never ends.
          Lester W. Lam

          Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!

          Comment

          • #6
            fishnbeer
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 777

            trap shooting is loads of fun. great practice for duck hunting too. have not decided what my next pump shotgun will be yet...

            Comment

            • #7
              Capybara
              CGSSA Coordinator
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2012
              • 15676

              Geez, 81/100 is great for your first time out. I love Sporting Clays, I need to get better at it. I also want to try Skeet.
              NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                RayPDA
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 909

                What Capybara said - I've been shooting sporting for the last few months and still haven't broke 80 Good shooting!

                Comment

                • #9
                  stevec223
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 1620

                  coyote valley

                  18 stations on valley course, shoot 6 at each station=102.....call for reservations for mountain course...mostly true doubles..its a blast!!!! call to see a pair at each station and tip your thrower!! cheers...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ysr_racer
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 12014

                    Been to Coyote Valley many times. It's really nice there.



                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mana4real
                      Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 435

                      Thanks guys. I've been really enjoying the shotgun sports. I usually get 21 or 22 in skeet and trap has become super easy. Shooting skeet really gave me a good idea on leads. I thought I was going to do better than I did though. But I really look forward to doing it again.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1