Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

School me on Double Barrel Shotguns!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Wicked Pete
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2010
    • 5182

    I love them. The last one I had was a 20 gauge, wished I hadn't traded it away. I know this is Ca, in a dream...perfect defense weapon when shortened.

    Comment

    • #17
      finyllw
      Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 397

      Been shooting a Stoeger once a month for Cowboy matches. Run about 30 to 50 shells through each time. Had mine for about 6 years now with NO problems. I think I paid $350 for my plain jane one. I haven't found the "pinch spot" and believe me if there is one I would have found it.

      I did have to spend a lot of time working on the action to get it to work as fast as I need it for cowboy shooting. There was nothing "wrong" with it, I just needed it to open faster, with less pressure on the release lever, and smoother trigger pull. They are pretty rough inside. Well worth the money though.
      Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

      Comment

      • #18
        Capybara
        CGSSA Coordinator
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2012
        • 15650

        Big 5 also carries a Norinco SxS? How come we can get Norinco shotguns here but not a Norinco Uzi or AK clone?
        NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          advocatusdiaboli
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 5521

          Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            Bigyates
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 572

            Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli
            Once you get past $5k-$10k it's all the jewelry that makes the difference (or customization or rarity), the actions are the same beyond that level as far as far as I have found.
            You need to do more research.

            Comment

            • #21
              JB-Norcal
              Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 314

              A friend showed me a pic of "Granny's shotgun" a SxS with a bird's neck stock and and the barrel was sawed at an 45 degree angle, what would that do to the spread? I assume not much and that it was more of an impact tool possibly.

              Comment

              • #22
                dangerranger
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 578

                If you are looking at SxS shotguns that are aged be sure they are made in the smokeless age. There are a lot of them out there that are suitable for BP only. 12 years ago I paid $260 for a Bakial shotgun. Its been a great gun both in the field and as a CAS gun. In 12 years Ive fired cases of ammo through it without any problems. But its not a Merkle, Purdy, or H&H. It will never be collectable. think of it more like the Ivor Johnsons, Cresants,and even Remington shotguns. they are work horses. DR

                Comment

                • #23
                  2barrels
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 38

                  i have some reading to do i never heard of most of these guns
                  Last edited by 2barrels; 07-07-2012, 9:19 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Safety1st
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 590

                    The CZ Hammer Coach is supposed to be very nice as well. Exposed hammers is the way to go on a coach gun IMO.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      DirtyDave
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 2298

                      Stoeger Coach Guns are cool for a short SxS. The Stoeger Uplanders are full length (26-28") SxS.
                      Mossberg has a line of budget SxS's called the Silver Reserve and Onyx Reserve. I just picked up an Onyx 20ga SxS.
                      Keep an eye on the auction sites, you can find SxS's for under $300 at times
                      Hic Ego Statio

                      If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1