Looks like it can run, and if the mags are gtg - do you see this platform becoming more popular for the SG.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Is this the future for the SG ~
Collapse
X
-
Is this the future for the SG ~
Vida Loca Homes
Tags: None -
They've been out for a while, but at over $3,000...? -
^
Could be if they become more popular, the price might come down.
Looks like the more mfg’s do to get the reliability up to par, it could be the next level of semi auto SG’s.Vida Loca Homes
Comment
-
I don't think mag fed shotguns will push out the tube fed ones anytime soon.
I have actually shot a Genesis 12 semi auto and it was fun, but for me, my Beretta 1301 Mod 2 is much better IMO; it is lighter, better ergos, lighter recoil, etc.
The Genesis 12 semi-auto I shot had 10 rd box mags (they are long), just three more rounds than my 1301 which holds 7 in the tube. The huge advantage of the 1301 tube fed is that I could potentially never go empty; with the Gen 12, you need to eject the empty box mag and punch in a new one, close the chamber, etc. With my 1301, I can top off the tube at any given time before running out, grabbing rounds off a shell card or bandolier/belt. Shoot three-replace three on the fly, rinse and repeat. Plus storing 12 gauge mags filled with shells is dicey- 12 g shell are plastic, and can potentially deform a little while stacked horizontally in the mag long term. One can get a little of this with tube mags, but the plastic shells last a bit longer stacked end to end, I have no problem leaving a shotgun loaded for a year with a tube mag.
But the Genesis 12 is a cool range toy, we shot it at my buddy's property, one of his son's friends had one, a big John Wick fanboy, it was lots of fun. But I have no interest in buying one, even if it went lower in price. For home defense, my 1301 Mod 2 is perfectly built for that role, I don't need or want an AR shotty._______________
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett👍 2Comment
-
I'd never own a mag fed shotgun for HD. Fun for a range toy, I guess? Box magazines and shotgun shells are simply not a good match for ultimate reliability. I'm with Oddball, Beretta 1301 Tactical is pretty much the ultimate HD weapon. Unless you have narrow hallways and three stories of narrow stairways like I do. I have the 1301 Tactical but use the M&P 12 bullpup simply because of OAL, it's the shortest shoulder mounted shotgun I am allowed in Commifornia. Once I move out of here and hopefully have a single story home, the 1301 Tactical will rotate in and the M&P will likely go to range toy status. I like it but it's not as fun or as fast to shoot as the 1301 Tactical.NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer
sigpic👍 2Comment
-
I remember when the Vepr and Saiga 12’s had hit the market, but I still don’t believe they have become that popular anymore.
I can see your point in saying the semi auto still has a place ( kinda like the pump vs auto deal ), but I can see some features that the new ar type SG’s have over todays SA SG’s.
Off course you have a better understanding on how the new ar SG’s run - having shot one and me nada.
I believe the magazine is faster to reload - having shells on tap and just a mag change - but still the semi auto can be reloaded just as fast.
The LOP on the AR type buttstock might be a tad better suited for a shooter.
Switching from buckshot to slugs might be faster with a mag change.
But again - no experience with the G12 - and I cannot compare what I’ve said over you’re experience.
Maybe the G12 will just sit by the way side - as the Vepr and Saiga 12 have already had their chance to bring that AR / AK type magazine SG’s to the forefront.
Id buy one - just for the experience 😁.
Thank you for posting ^. 🙂Vida Loca Homes
Comment
-
What the hell is an SG?Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur SchopenhaurComment
-
-
I have a Benelli 1014 myself 🙂I'd never own a mag fed shotgun for HD. Fun for a range toy, I guess? Box magazines and shotgun shells are simply not a good match for ultimate reliability. I'm with Oddball, Beretta 1301 Tactical is pretty much the ultimate HD weapon. Unless you have narrow hallways and three stories of narrow stairways like I do. I have the 1301 Tactical but use the M&P 12 bullpup simply because of OAL, it's the shortest shoulder mounted shotgun I am allowed in Commifornia. Once I move out of here and hopefully have a single story home, the 1301 Tactical will rotate in and the M&P will likely go to range toy status. I like it but it's not as fun or as fast to shoot as the 1301 Tactical.
Vida Loca Homes
Comment
-
Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur SchopenhaurComment
-
Yes, when both tube fed (pump or SA) and box mag shotguns are empty, the box mag will be faster. But as I stated in my earlier post, the big advantage of tube fed is topping off the tube, basically feeding more rounds into the shotgun without it being empty, and having full shooting ability. If you are in the middle of feeding it another round and have to shoot it immediately, you can. Shoot two rounds, feed it two more. Shoot another four rounds, feed it four more while having three already. I guess one can quickly load a box mag while there is a round still chambered in the Genesis, but you gotta keep count of how many rounds shot to be efficient.
Plus I would wager that 25 loose rounds of 12 gauge is easier to carry in a bandolier or belt rather than three large box magazines.
_______________
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett👍 1Comment
-
I hear you. Thank you for posting 🙂Vida Loca Homes
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,153
Posts: 25,144,875
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 68869 users online. 102 members and 68767 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment