Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Review.. Legacy semi auto 12g

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NorCalK9.com
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 3958

    Review.. Legacy semi auto 12g

    Ok so i'm no expert on reviews, so forgive me if I leave vital info out.

    I recently bought a legacy escort magnum 12g semi auto from big5 for a tad bit over $400

    This shotgun comes with a stock and pistol grip, top rail, glow AR type sites, and underbarrel rail.
    Shotgun holds 5+1
    Trigger is nice
    Not too heavy not too light

    Important part.....
    This shotgun out of the box went thru 5 different types of ammo.
    Remington, winchester, fiocci from 1oz loads to buck shot and it cycled all rounds flawlessly. In total I shot 200 rounds in about an hour and a half span and I must admit its definitely worth way more than $400!!

    What I dont like... ????
    I'm trying to think hard but as of rite now theres nothing I dont like about it.
    K.N.P.V. line malinois.
    Like my AR but LOVE myAK
    https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
    Our dogs bite
    Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.
  • #2
    vintagedude88
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 2034

    You forgot the most important part of any review, PICS!

    Comment

    • #3
      vintagedude88
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2034

      If you want more than 5+1 capacity, look here. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...9930067b173c6a

      Comment

      • #4
        NorCalK9.com
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 3958

        Lol I cant upload pics from my phone. But trust me when I say, this thing looks good, and is definitely worth the $400 they sell for.
        K.N.P.V. line malinois.
        Like my AR but LOVE myAK
        https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
        Our dogs bite
        Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

        Comment

        • #5
          chad68
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 652

          I just bought one of these today at Big5. The only thing I don't care for is the asthetics of the buttstock, specifically the 2 shot shell holder. Must be annoying if your a lefty, which I'm not.

          I plan on doing some major cutting and plastic work on the buttstock to shorten the LOP and get rid of the shell holder.

          Or Maybe instead of chopping all that up, I will look at fitting an AR tube and use an adjustable Magpul stock somehow.
          Sent from Cyber Space, using the Force!

          Comment

          • #6
            NorCalK9.com
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 3958

            @chad68
            If you figure out how to fit a collapable stock please let me know!
            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
            Our dogs bite
            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

            Comment

            • #7
              chad68
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 652

              Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
              @chad68
              If you figure out how to fit a collapable stock please let me know!
              There is a thread someplace where a guy fitted an ATI collapsable stock on one of these already. I will put up a link when I find it. Actually I thinks it's in the link somebody posted above me.

              EDIT. Yep look at post #6 in that link
              Last edited by chad68; 04-15-2012, 12:32 AM.
              Sent from Cyber Space, using the Force!

              Comment

              • #8
                NorCalK9.com
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 3958

                @chad68
                Lol you didnt post a link bud.
                K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                Our dogs bite
                Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                Comment

                • #9
                  chad68
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 652

                  I meant the link in post #3 (above me) LOL.

                  Then scroll to post 6 of that link.
                  Sent from Cyber Space, using the Force!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    G-Solutions
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 672

                    Thank you for posting the review. Was any of the ammo you shot <low-recoil>type? Some semi-autos tend to have problems cycling those.

                    Thank you,
                    Upcoming Classes:
                    Martial Blade Concepts Seminar with Michael Janich
                    March 16-17, 2024 - Anaheim, CA
                    www.gebhardsolutions.com

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NorCalK9.com
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 3958

                      I shot low recoil today I only had 15 rounds but it did real good, no probs at all.
                      K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                      Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                      https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                      Our dogs bite
                      Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        NorCalK9.com
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 3958

                        Just shot another 100 rounds today, and not a single issue! I used locTite on the top rail today, still havnt cleaned the darn thing, I dont know how to break it down lol.
                        I cant get enough of this shotgun, my shoulder hurts yet tomorrow im gonna shoot it more.
                        Maybe i'll learn to shoot trap. Can you use an 18in barrel for trap?
                        K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                        Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                        https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                        Our dogs bite
                        Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          2nd Shot
                          Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 384

                          I'd imagine that even low recoil buck is still hotter than low brass birdshot? I think 9 pellet 00 loads equal about 1-1/8oz of lead, so the comparison should be pretty straight across in terms of velocity.

                          Have you shot any of the wal-mart cheap stuff yet? I was thrilled to get my 3.5" MP-153 eating Federal 1-1/8oz 3 dram bulk stuff. I found out recently that it'll also take 1oz 3-1/4 dram stuff of the same make. Just for the hell of it, I found some 1oz 3 dram "target loads" and will see if it finally chokes it or not.

                          Anyways, nice gun. Semi auto shotguns are addictive, I just found out.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NorCalK9.com
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 3958

                            Yes I got a couple hundred rounds of bulk federal from walmart yesterday, thats what I was shooting today. Major fun.
                            And yes addictive is rite!
                            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                            Our dogs bite
                            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              chad68
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 652

                              Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                              Yes I got a couple hundred rounds of bulk federal from walmart yesterday, thats what I was shooting today. Major fun.
                              And yes addictive is rite!
                              Have you tried the bulk Winchester Walmart stuff yet?

                              The review I read said they had problems with the Winchester bulk but the Federal ran fine.

                              Or I guess you can wait till next weekend, as I have both types on hand already and I will let you know if I find any difference between the two brands.

                              I know it's made in Turkey but I'm surprised the manual doesn't say how to take it apart for cleaning??
                              Sent from Cyber Space, using the Force!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1