Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli Nova Tactical or Super Nova Tactical?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chameleon Loco
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 2187

    Benelli Nova Tactical or Super Nova Tactical?

    So I am still looking for a shotgun for hd and shtf and am planning to purchase a longer barrel for trap shooting as well. I went on Benelli's web site and the tactical series caught my eye. If I purchase one of these shotguns I plan to also buy a magazine extension for the gun. Owners of these guns how do you like them and are their a good amount of aftermarket accessories for them? The shotgun I am considering purchasing is between the Benelli Super Nova Tactical, Nova Tactical or a Remington 887 Tactical, Remington 870 Tactical "I already have a thread on the last two" . On the weekend I plan to go to my local Tuner's and see how they feel.
    Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch
  • #2
    Chameleon Loco
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 2187

    Bump
    Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

    Comment

    • #3
      ham
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 1285

      i had the standard Benelli nova. Accesories are slim and the extra barrels are almost the same a used gun, But it was a solid shotgun. best accessory i can recommend is a limbsaver.
      "The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."

      Comment

      • #4
        Chameleon Loco
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 2187

        What is a limbsaver?
        Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

        Comment

        • #5
          Leadmaster
          Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 201

          Get the supernova with comfortech, you don't even feel 3 inch magnum slugs.

          Comment

          • #6
            Mesa Tactical
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2004
            • 1746

            The Nova is a single integral receiver/stock combination, so there is little or no scope for customization. The SuperNova features a separate stock, so it can be replaced or upgraded. There are also factory drilled and tapped holes in the top of the SuperNova Tactical.
            Lucy at www.mesatactical.com

            Comment

            • #7
              Chameleon Loco
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 2187

              Ok thanks for the help I am not interested in the nova anymore because of what you said. The supernova I still like though and the basic model is only a little more than the basic nova. Also if I get a supernova with ghost ring sights and then buy a longer barrel like 26" with rifle sights for trap will the ghost ring sights come off?
              Last edited by Chameleon Loco; 04-14-2012, 11:15 AM.
              Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

              Comment

              • #8
                Mesa Tactical
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2004
                • 1746

                No, the factory ghost ring rear sight is screwed into the receiver.
                Lucy at www.mesatactical.com

                Comment

                • #9
                  Chameleon Loco
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 2187

                  Bummer

                  Ok I will just buy the model with the rifle sights then. I just wanted to get night sights on the ghost rings.
                  Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mmrx2
                    Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 386

                    Originally posted by Chameleon Loco
                    Ok thanks for the help I am not interested in the nova anymore because of what you said. The supernova I still like though and the basic model is only a little more than the basic nova. Also if I get a supernova with ghost ring sights and then buy a longer barrel like 26" with rifle sights for trap will the ghost ring sights come off?
                    Benellis price for the separate barrel is really close to the price of an entire gun. Benelli customer service quoted me $320 for 18.5 barrel only and $440 for 28 barrel only. It's better to just buy another shotgun.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kasusbelli
                      Junior Member
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 22

                      I've got a Benelli Supernova Field 24" inch. I've actually got a saddle mount on it with a picatinny rail and I put my RDS from my AR on it for ****s and it turned out to work damn good and look good as well. Also have a sling and 6 round sleeve on the butt-stock.

                      Although it all depends on what you want to do with it. I wanted something for skeet on weekends and PD for home (because it was my only weapon when I bought it), so the Field was a good compromise and later on the RDS made it a little tactical, although I am a believer in "a bead is all you need," but I got the saddle mount for free and already had the RDS, so why not?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Speedpower
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 2238

                        Just go for this one!!! it's got all the bells and whistles!



                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Chameleon Loco
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 2187

                          That shot gun looks so cool

                          But unfortuantly working a $9 an hour part time job wont get the even close to the msrp of that gun
                          Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            RT13
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 1407

                            If you plan on modding or switching barrels and such, Benelli is hard and expensive to work with, minimal accessories and parts available and the few that exist are from Benelli themselves and pretty expensive. But, if you want the Benelli as is and or for what it is, it is a fantastic shotgun and one of the best quality with the smoothest action in a shotgun out there. I have/had a Rem870, Moss 590 and 930spx. And have shot many other shotguns including other Benellis like the M2 and M4, and I can tell you, nothing feels and functions like a Benelli. I wish I could afford an M4, but I love my Supernova Tactical with ghost ing sites and pistol grip stock. Looks just like the M4 but pump action of course. For the price, the Supernova is a very good buy.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Socal858
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 2177

                              if you are on a budget and want a semi, get the mossberg 930 with the 18.5/26 inch barrels package. it's probably gone up in price but i picked it up three years back for 500 bucks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1