Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington Versamax Tactical 12 GA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Speedpower
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 2238

    Remington Versamax Tactical 12 GA

    Anybody here actually own a Remington Versamax Tactical 12 GA or even seen one yet? wanted to buy one, it looks pretty!

  • #2
    SuperSet
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2007
    • 9048

    Remington told me May sometime so maybe someone has seen one earlier. I have the 26" version and want that 22" tactical barrel. Since it wont be available for some time, Briley will have to do the work.

    Comment

    • #3
      Speedpower
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 2238

      Just came back from Turners and was told that it just came in this morning and it is in their warehouse, I was able to start the DROS on the Versamax Tactical, picking it up on April 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

      Comment

      • #4
        SuperSet
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2007
        • 9048

        Sweet, Congrats! I'll let my buddy know that it's now available.

        Comment

        • #5
          SuperSet
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2007
          • 9048

          How much was Turners asking?

          Comment

          • #6
            Rumline
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 849

            Dang that looks exactly like how I have my Benelli M2 set up. Minus the ghost ring sights. I like the compensator on the end, but is that more tacticool or is it actually going to do anything when shooting 12ga buckshot?

            Comment

            • #7
              2nd Shot
              Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 384

              Sickness!!

              I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping all along that a tactical/practical version of the Versamax would come out... Let's just hope that 1.) the price goes down 2.) that it's as reliable with a wide a range of shells as they claim.

              EDIT: Wait a minute...

              The most significant different between the sporting models and the tactical model is that the Versa Max Tactical will initially only be offered with a receiver capable of chambering 2.75" and 3" 12 gauge shotgun shells, whereas the sporting models also chambers 3.5" magnum 12 gauge shells. Remington may have made this decision to shave of the extra weight and costs added by the tactical features.
              *Sigh* All that hype about the new, radical gas system design, only to remove the option of 3.5" shells. So we have a reinvented 11-87, without the decades long track record, at twice the price. I hope I'm wrong about this.
              Last edited by 2nd Shot; 04-05-2012, 7:00 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                RayPDA
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 909

                FYI Turners has them on their spring sale - 1149.98, so you save about fifty bucks

                Comment

                • #9
                  SuperSet
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 9048

                  That's not a bad price and it looks like they're pricing it at the same level to compete with the Benelli M2/M4 and FN SLP. I'd buy one if I didn't already have the longer version of the VersaMax.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SamSung
                    Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 178

                    I wonder how is it compared to the Mossberg 930 SPX.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hayaku
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 538

                      compared to the 930 spx, the versamax is way more gun. it's got all the upgrades you normally find on a competition tactical shotgun. vent ribbed barrel, trigger job, extension tube, fiber optic bead front only, enlarged loading port, enlarged bolt button... the mossberg 930 jm pro tactical has all the features on the versamax and is a better comparison than the spx.

                      i compared the versamax against a 930 jm pro 24" yesterday at turners. both were nearly identical in everything... all the upgrades to be competition ready out of the box. the 930 jm pro had a barrel that was 1" longer than the versamax was the only real difference i could tell... both had all the nordic goodies assembled by the factory.

                      no idea how a 930 jm pro runs against a versamax, but i couldn't justify the 2x cost factor of the versamax so i bought the 930 jm pro (putting my faith in jerry and benny that this is a solid performer). 9 more days and i can take pics and do a review for ya

                      i'm sure the versamax is one heckuva nice gun and would love to own one too... maybe one day i'll have the spare coin for this beauty
                      Last edited by hayaku; 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Speedpower
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 2238

                        The Mossberg 930 JM Pro does looks nice, I also want to know how it is compared to the Remington Versamax Tactical 12 GA, and it's half the price!

                        How much is the JM Pro?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hayaku
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 538

                          930 jm pro at turners was 639.99.. otd was 719.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SamSung
                            Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 178

                            The Remington Versamax Tactical 12 GA is very nice, you can customize it to how you want, like adjustable Heel Drop and cast, it comes with both a higher and lower comb insert and a bunch of adjustable lenght of pull inserts too!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1