so my 10 year old daughter really wants to try shooting clays.... I don't currently have a shotgun that she could shoot, so I started looking at some youth model 410 gauge single shots. then I got to thinking..... is 10 old enough? I started hunting when I was 12, and shooting around 8 or so, but now it just seems so young!! so, those of you who have kids shooting clays, when did they get started?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
how old is old enough to get them started?
Collapse
X
-
how old is old enough to get them started?
Last edited by ThE_LoNgShOt; 02-18-2012, 5:08 PM."A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequila..."Tags: None -
I think it would have more to do with the kid than the age. I've seen many adults that should never be near a gun. I think it's great if your daughter has the desire to shoot. You'd know better than us if she is mentally ready. I started dove hunting at 10 with a borrowed .410 and couldn't wait to shoot a 12 gauge. Got a hand me down SxS 12ga when I was 11. I'd say if she can safely handle a gun and is level headed fire at will!Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal
The half of us paying for everything - Will not defend the other half - With the guns they hate - From the tyrants they love. Good luck liberals...
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,872
Posts: 25,152,668
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23092 users online. 121 members and 22971 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment