Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli M4 H2O? Thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JoeinLA
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 280

    Benelli M4 H2O? Thoughts?

    Been thinking of getting a shotgun, and came across this. Seems like all that and a bag of chips? I looked at an M4 before, but they're freaking heavy. OTOH, it seems like the M4 is the king of shotguns...? Also, is it possible to get something this new at less than MSRP, and, if so, any thoughts on what I might expect as a "street" price?

    Not really sure what I'd actually use it for, but home defense would be primary use (for the wife when I'm not home), and possible sport shooting (competition/trap/skeet).

    Thanks!
  • #2
    dexter9659
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 701

    Semi-auto + pistol grip, + telescoping stock = AW.....sorry


    From the CA Assault Weapon Identification Guide
    Shotguns
    (6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
    (A) A folding or telescoping stock.
    (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or
    vertical handgrip.
    (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
    (8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

    Comment

    • #3
      JoeinLA
      Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 280

      Err. That fooking sucks.

      Comment

      • #4
        dexter9659
        Senior Member
        • May 2006
        • 701

        Originally posted by JoeinLA
        Err. That fooking sucks.
        Sadly... yes, for now.
        Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

        Comment

        • #5
          JoeinLA
          Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 280

          What if I bought it, and swapped out the stock for a non-telescoping stock? and could I still keep the original telescoping stock (or is that "constructive possession")?

          Comment

          • #6
            compulsivegunbuyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 2639

            There is no contructive possesion in the assault weapon laws. But, $2400, holy expensive coatings Batman. I have the standard M4, and so far no corrosion problems. I suppose if I were going to do some kind of surfing/skeet shooting, maybe, but for a defence gun, I doubt I'm going to pony up another grand for this uber tactical coating just to withstand the harsh evironment my closet has to offer. Also remember, many skeet/trap ranges have a minimum barrel length; this is usualy 26 inches. The M4 is a no go on that, but, if the place will let you on, it's more than adequate. It is a dream to shoot, and is soft kicking for a 12 guage shotgun. For clays, I use a M2 field with comfortec stock and the thickest gell pad they have to offer. I can shoot it all day, and it's light. I have a 26" barrel, and picked up a 18.5" for jumping jacks out of the brush. For birds and squirrels, I still use an 870 Wingmaster that I've used to death. For home defence, I have a good old 870 express at the ready. If I had to have just one shotgun though, it would probably be the M4. But you can't have just one shotgun. You will buy one, then another, then pretty soon your safe will be packed with guns in socks stacked in every which way till you can barely close the door. And when you open it your wife will be peeking over your shoulder asking "WTF do you need all this crap for".
            Last edited by compulsivegunbuyer; 02-02-2012, 1:15 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              JoeinLA
              Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 280

              I need the coating for when i storm a terrorist hideout via Underwater SCUBA ocean-side approach. Plus, they'll likely be in a chemical facility, so even more need for the super ultra impervious unobtainium coating.

              Yeah. Fair enough. I should just take my wife to Turners and see if she can even lift an M4.

              Comment

              • #8
                ROCKETW19
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 705

                Originally posted by JoeinLA
                I need the coating for when i storm a terrorist hideout via Underwater SCUBA ocean-side approach. Plus, they'll likely be in a chemical facility, so even more need for the super ultra impervious unobtainium coating.

                Yeah. Fair enough. I should just take my wife to Turners and see if she can even lift an M4.
                I think for us cali guys the coating is just coolness but nothing else. as far as the stock you can alsways swap it and sell the cstock for 400 or so bucks. or just pin it at the length you like.

                I still want the first M4 with the american flag on it only cuz it has the flag on it. even thought I know my newer version is better. Flag offers coolness to me. some day I will buy it just to have sit next to my others,lol

                Comment

                • #9
                  therealnickb
                  King- Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 8957

                  Originally posted by dexter9659
                  Semi-auto + pistol grip, + telescoping stock = AW.....sorry


                  From the CA Assault Weapon Identification Guide
                  Shotguns
                  (6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
                  (A) A folding or telescoping stock.
                  (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or
                  vertical handgrip.
                  (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
                  (8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
                  So get the model with a fixed stock.

                  doh, everyone beat me to it.....The M4 is a blast & your wife will likely not be able to shoulder it properly for very long.
                  Last edited by therealnickb; 02-02-2012, 4:14 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Steve1968LS2
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 9275

                    Was told at SHOT that it also has lubrication properties..

                    Nice, but crazy expensive, was also told it was limited production.

                    Toss a Mesa stock on it (or the tube without the notches like the M1014 has) and you're golden.
                    Originally posted by tony270
                    It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                    Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      45R
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 2028

                      I picked up my M4 2 years ago when Benelli had $200 rebate. Replaced the PG stock with a field stock. Haven't looked back. The M4 is a great shotgun. Even an old fart like me can shoot it.
                      Pistol-Training.com

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JoeinLA
                        Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 280

                        If I order it, will an FFL have to switch out the stock before i take possession? I assume if i actually take it with the collapsable stock, its go to jail time?

                        Edit: the more i think about it, the H2O is really about the cool factor. I should just stick with the "regular" M2 or M4.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          compulsivegunbuyer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 2639

                          If you have the money to burn, do it. In the end, it's not about what's practical, it's about what you want.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ROCKETW19
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 705

                            Originally posted by compulsivegunbuyer
                            If you have the money to burn, do it. In the end, it's not about what's practical, it's about what you want.
                            yup I agree!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1