Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question for aippi or other rem 870 guru's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mikey357
    Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 323

    Question for aippi or other rem 870 guru's

    I recently retrofitted a flexi tab shell carrier on a 1965 wingmaster 870. Along with the shell carrier, I installed a new bolt and bolt slide. This all came in a kit.
    I was doing research on the web and came up with some new info. It appears that along with the 3 parts there is a action tube with different bars for the flexitab conversion. I have everything put together and it seems to work okay but what is the real deal with the old vs new forend action tubes?
  • #2
    aippi
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 2302

    If it was on the web it must be true..........NOT..........You do not need a different forend tube assembly, which is why your conversion is working so well.
    JD McGuire, Owner
    AI&P Tactical
    Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
    Mossberg LE Armorer
    www.aiptactical.com
    www.tacticalgunslings.com
    If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

    Comment

    • #3
      TheExpertish
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 3451

      Ask and ye shall receive.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by starsnuffer
      It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

      Comment

      • #4
        mikey357
        Member
        • Nov 2005
        • 323

        Originally posted by aippi
        If it was on the web it must be true..........NOT..........You do not need a different forend tube assembly, which is why your conversion is working so well.
        Thanks for the reply JD. Ive read that the old forend tube would work and some others have said Remington recommends a the new one. I'm using the old one but have a new styled one coming in also. I want the newer styled one because they have internal ribs that keep the magazine bluing wear down compared to the old styled ones.

        Comment

        • #5
          aippi
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 2302

          Good point, you still get the striation marks at 12,3,6 and 9 O'clock, but that is life with a pump shotgun.
          JD McGuire, Owner
          AI&P Tactical
          Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
          Mossberg LE Armorer
          www.aiptactical.com
          www.tacticalgunslings.com
          If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

          Comment

          • #6
            mikey357
            Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 323

            Originally posted by aippi
            Good point, you still get the striation marks at 12,3,6 and 9 O'clock, but that is life with a pump shotgun.
            I just did a rust blue on the receiver and mag tube and the old tube is rubbing the new blue job already. 12 3 6 9 is better than everywhere.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1