Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

metamorphosis of an 870

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RP1911
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2007
    • 5198

    metamorphosis of an 870

    Slowly getting it where i want it to be.

    Traded for one of these with a 28" barrel and a 18.5" Mossberg barrel:



    Traded an extra 28" barrel that I had for a Remington 18" barrel.
    Swapped stocks. Lucky I had a set and didn't have to buy a new one.
    Ordered a 2-shot extension and installed it this evening.

    It currently looks like this:





    Waiting for the Black Ace Tactical rail to be delivered.
    Last edited by RP1911; 12-19-2011, 7:15 PM. Reason: added another photo
    RP1911
    -----------
    NRA Life
    CGN
  • #2
    zod
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2009
    • 8342

    Looking good!
    Originally posted by pistolero805
    Brass has antimicrobial properties.
    Originally posted by sean michael
    Brass knuckles, when you want to punch someone but don't want to give them an infection.

    Comment

    • #3
      repubconserv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 3056

      There is something so elegant about a pump shotgun with wood furniture... beautiful

      Comment

      • #4
        J.S.Riesch
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 528

        Thank you for sharing.
        Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

        Comment

        • #5
          RP1911
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2007
          • 5198

          Thank you. I too am partial to wood stocks.

          By the way, the trigger lock was made by www.regalisi.com Regal Industries. Doesn't look like they make this anymore. The one I have says patent pending. It's a 2-piece unit that locks together via a key. Covers the trigger and the forend release. However, one can still load shells in the magazine.
          RP1911
          -----------
          NRA Life
          CGN

          Comment

          • #6
            aippi
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 2302

            You have put together a solid fight shotgun. As you have built it your weapon qualifies for the "AI&P Two Thumbs and a Pecker Straight up Award". However, if any tacti-fool rails go on there the award may be recinded

            Regal trigger locks come with the Remington Shotguns and I have dozens of them. Will not work on M-4 type stocks and SF- IV's and III so I am stuck with them. I do send them out with weapons with conventional stock and they are on CA-DOJ approved list so that keeps me out of trouble with your DOJ.
            JD McGuire, Owner
            AI&P Tactical
            Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
            Mossberg LE Armorer
            www.aiptactical.com
            www.tacticalgunslings.com
            If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

            Comment

            • #7
              Don the savage
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 2094

              Originally posted by RP1911

              Waiting for the Black Ace Tactical rail to be delivered.
              aippi
              I think the award was rescinded before it was awarded
              I support peace through superior firepower.
              "Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

              Originally posted by rsrocket1
              Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.

              Comment

              • #8
                aippi
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 2302

                I was hoping that the promise of such a prestigous award would persude him to leave it as is. I would do nothing more then an XS Big Dot and replace that waffle recoil pad with an R3 and then I would take that weapon to any fight I needed to go to.
                JD McGuire, Owner
                AI&P Tactical
                Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
                Mossberg LE Armorer
                www.aiptactical.com
                www.tacticalgunslings.com
                If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

                Comment

                • #9
                  j.primo
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 1139

                  I like the wood too.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TheExpertish
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 3451

                    Looks good. I have to say I like the wood as well.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by starsnuffer
                    It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      X-NewYawker
                      In Memoriam
                      • May 2008
                      • 5993

                      Wood has that magic…

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RP1911
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 5198

                        I know I am going to get some flak. But I have two other 870's that are unmolested and have wood stocks.

                        Here is the latest (taken with LG Vortex, my DSLR battery was dead):





                        RP1911
                        -----------
                        NRA Life
                        CGN

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Doheny
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 13820

                          Does it come with a Sherpa to carry it?
                          Sent from Free America

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            S dot
                            Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 235

                            Originally posted by repubconserv
                            There is something so elegant about a pump shotgun with wood furniture... beautiful
                            Absolutely.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1