Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What's the best Bolt-Action 12ga?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zippiot
    Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 362

    What's the best Bolt-Action 12ga?

    The Savage 212 is 1/2 the price of the Browning A-Bolt, but are there any others out there I should be aware of?

    Intended use is pig hunting, though local laws seem to vary on if a bolt action shotty is considered a rifle :/

    A-Bolt:


    212:
  • #2
    crackerman
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 2441

    What local laws say a bolt action shotgun is a rifle? A shot gun is a shotgun.

    And a recent Field and stream I think said the are both good. Pick you price and maker.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      CSACANNONEER
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2006
      • 44094

      A shotgun is a shotgun. A rifle is a rifle. A shotty is used by gamers who don't know anything about firearms. But, I really doubt that any local law defines a shotgun as a rifle or visa versa. Even if they did, I would think that state and federal definitions would trump local definitions. Can you post the local laws in question and let us see what you mean?

      As far as the "best", I would say any shotgun but a bolt action. I've owned bolt action shotguns but, I really don't care for them.
      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
      California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
      Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
      Utah CCW Instructor


      Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

      sigpic
      CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

      KM6WLV

      Comment

      • #4
        Zippiot
        Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 362

        Looking through my browsing history now, but it went something like "during shotgun only seasons no rifle may be used to hunt boar." Later mentions that a bolt-action shotgun wih rifled barrel was considered a rifle...

        We used pump slug guns in the santa cruz mtns but it seems that here in Georgia and back in some places in Cali the bolt action rifled barrel shotguns are considered rifles...

        Comment

        • #5
          hcbr
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 4733

          I like the browning a-bolt
          Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

          "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
          ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1