Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

And that wait is over....new Saiga 12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SDRider858
    Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 492

    And that wait is over....new Saiga 12

    Finally got my saiga 12! Looking forward to showing you guys my progress during the conversion. Taking it out tomorrow morning with a ton of 00 and some walmart stuff, hoping it runs well on the cheap stuff. Ill be sure to be back with a range report!

    Nothing special but heres some pics

  • #2
    bsg
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 25954

    congratulations. i look forward to the update.

    Comment

    • #3
      TallTale
      Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 230

      do want

      Comment

      • #4
        SDRider858
        Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 492

        Thanks! I already installed a CSS puck and purchased a 10 rd surefire stick mag and a 10 rd promag drum. Both fit without any modifications, so far so good. Im glad I finally stepped out to the AK platform, ive been wanting to for quite sometime.

        Comment

        • #5
          REPR
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 559

          Very nice, can't wait to see what you decide to do with it.

          Comment

          • #6
            RustyMacHine
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 1401

            Originally posted by SDRider858
            Thanks! I already installed a CSS puck and purchased a 10 rd surefire stick mag and a 10 rd promag drum. Both fit without any modifications, so far so good. Im glad I finally stepped out to the AK platform, ive been wanting to for quite sometime.
            You do know about 922r, Right... right!?

            922R CALCULATOR


            I don't know about you, but I always stay 922r compliant. I haven't seen or met a 922r police yet but I just don't want to get popped if they do exist.
            How to catch a CYBER STALKER:
            CLICK ON THIS
            ************************************************** ************************************************** *****
            Originally posted by jkcerda
            dont hate me because I am beautiful, I wasnt always like this, then, I tried albertoVO5
            Originally posted by oaklander
            Sent from my brain, to yours. . .
            Originally posted by ARfan23
            You ****ing people are stupid.
            .

            Comment

            • #7
              RustyMacHine
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 1401

              BTW- I hope you have enough 00 Buck to shoot. They usually won't cycle the bulk bird shots, YET out of the box. I had to shoot 200+ rounds of slugs before it started cycling the bird shots reliably.

              .
              How to catch a CYBER STALKER:
              CLICK ON THIS
              ************************************************** ************************************************** *****
              Originally posted by jkcerda
              dont hate me because I am beautiful, I wasnt always like this, then, I tried albertoVO5
              Originally posted by oaklander
              Sent from my brain, to yours. . .
              Originally posted by ARfan23
              You ****ing people are stupid.
              .

              Comment

              • #8
                SDRider858
                Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 492

                Originally posted by RustyMacHine
                You do know about 922r, Right... right!?

                922R CALCULATOR


                I don't know about you, but I always stay 922r compliant. I haven't seen or met a 922r police yet but I just don't want to get popped if they do exist.
                Im fully aware about 922r, and intend to comply. I dont plan on using the mag/drum until I have the convesrion completed.

                Although my understanding was that if I use the puck and magazine, this counts as 4 US made parts which makes me compliant. The link you provided confirms that correct?
                Last edited by SDRider858; 11-19-2011, 8:28 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SDRider858
                  Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 492

                  Originally posted by RustyMacHine
                  BTW- I hope you have enough 00 Buck to shoot. They usually won't cycle the bulk bird shots, YET out of the box. I had to shoot 200+ rounds of slugs before it started cycling the bird shots reliably.

                  .
                  I understand that these guns were designed to run the hot stuff, and shooting the cheap stuff is going to take a little work. I just wanted to bring bird shot so I could test the shotguns tolerances.

                  Thanks for the tip though.
                  Last edited by SDRider858; 11-19-2011, 8:37 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nicoman
                    Guardian of masculinity
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 1320

                    Took mine out for the first time today also ran some buckshot 2-3/4 magnum, 1oz slugs an 8 shot game load. Gun ran great except my 2 AGP arms 10 round mags fell out after every round ended up using the factory 5 round mag. Other than that it ran great
                    Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                    I like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.
                    Originally posted by Nutnfancy
                    "Preserve your gat"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hcbr
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 4733

                      Nice, congrats! hope you find the time to convert that bad boy too
                      Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

                      "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
                      ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SDRider858
                        Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 492

                        Alright I had a chance to get my new gem out to the range and this thing did not dissappoint.

                        I loaded up on some buck shot, and some game/target load all rated at 1250 fps or higher and the gun did not have one malfunction after 150 rds all on setting 1. I didnt get a chance to try the federal multi-purpose loads but thats next on my list.

                        The Saiga really shot well, and impressed all of my AR buddies (I think I may have converted a few) . I got lots of stares yesterday as I proceeded to dump 10 rd mag after 10 rd mag. At one point I thought I pissed the range master off, but he just came out to give the S12 a look over because he was interested. In the end I was really happy knowing that the shotgun would at least cycle the stuff that sells for 6.49 (25rds) right out the box.

                        It must be some kind of omen or something because that same day I held two other converted Saiga 12s just by chance, and the improved ergos make the conversion a must. Im going to start ordering conversion parts for it this week. Going to keep it simple, with a Kvar stock not sure WASR or NATO, and maybe a Galil hand guard to finish it off, any opinions? I'm going to avoid the quad rails all together, as I want to keep this build on a diet.
                        Last edited by SDRider858; 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SDRider858
                          Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 492

                          Originally posted by nicoman
                          Took mine out for the first time today also ran some buckshot 2-3/4 magnum, 1oz slugs an 8 shot game load. Gun ran great except my 2 AGP arms 10 round mags fell out after every round ended up using the factory 5 round mag. Other than that it ran great
                          mmm interesting. I didnt have any issues with my surefire mag, or my promag drum. I thought these were going to require some modificaiton but they rocked right in without much slop. Although the factory mag fit was much tighter. I heard AGP mags were really good, maybe you got a bad batch??

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            chozenfew805
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 5008

                            Saiga-12 Put up some range pics of whatever that puppy destroyed!
                            ....I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America...


                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SDRider858
                              Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 492

                              Originally posted by chozenfew805
                              Saiga-12 Put up some range pics of whatever that puppy destroyed!


                              Heres a quick video my buddy took of the first 5 rds.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1