Okay, no action on the C&R forum, so I'll give it a try here. I recently got a Ward's Western Field Model 30 (badge named Stevens Model 520) with the tang mounted safety. It is very similar to the Stevens 520-30 made for the military during WWII, but I assume mine was made in the late '20s or early '30s. However, I note that it has a P stamped on both the the receiver and barrel, which I associate with the P and flaming bomb stamps on military issued shotguns (no flaming bomb stamp on my gun). Is the P on my SG just a proof mark applied to civilian pieces, or what? There is no such P mark on my civilian Stevens 620. Photo below:

Hopefully someone here can provide a good answer so I don't have to register to ask on Shotgunworld or (shudder!) Jouster.

Hopefully someone here can provide a good answer so I don't have to register to ask on Shotgunworld or (shudder!) Jouster.

Comment