Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ordered my 590a1 SPX today!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shabr66
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 191

    Ordered my 590a1 SPX today!

    I have been looking at the 590a1's for a while now and I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered the SPX version which has the LPA ghost ring sights, a ported barrel, and also comes with the m9 bayonet. With what the LPA sights and the Ontario knife works bayonet costs, it seems like the SPX is a good value.

    The only real mods I would like to make is a new stock (standard, not pistol grip), a sling, and a light. Any recommendations? I don't want to do the suregrip light. I want a light that is mounted to the barrel.
  • #2
    prc77
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2578

    Hogue 12" LOP stock
    cdmgear light mount
    TLR-1 light
    C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

    USPSA CRO
    MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      strongpoint
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 3115

      the L&M light mount is popular and seems secure. i have one on my 590A1 right now, holding a surefire G2X tactical.

      .

      Comment

      • #4
        onequickshift
        Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 466

        Strong I have one of those too. But I also had a fab shop make me custom mount, I run a G2XT as well, I bulk bought from a friend about 20 lights for $49ea before everyones prices started going up. I keep lights everywhere :P For the LM like yours, I used a thin automotive parchment to fill gap to eliminate any chance of movement.

        Shab lemme know what you use!

        Comment

        • #5
          Utha Schleigle
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 593

          Always love a smooth bore with a bayonet. ENJOY!!!



          picts when you get it.
          PLEASE WEAR EYE PROTECT & PROTECTIVE GEAR IN SHOP!!!!!! You can order another part from from manufacturer, but you can't order another finger or eye from your mother & father.

          ***This DOES NOT constitute GOOD or SANE legal - professional gunsmithing - psychiatric MD - tax - accounting -gardening advice. Please contactact qualified a professional in their repective specialties.*** AWHHH go ahead and mix match specialities that could be funny!!!!!

          Comment

          • #6
            kemikalembalance
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 599

            ill post up a pic of my 590 tomorrow. BTW, love mine. oil it, kinda heavy. then go out with some buds and shoot 500 clays and she will smooth out like a car wax.
            ,
            and our leaders allow themselves to be spoon fed with foreign BS and have forgotten that the great majority of americans do not live in secluded gated comunities with private security 24/7 like they do, while the rest of us are subject to defending ourselves without Police escorts whenever we need it. they dont realize we are subject to different dangers than they are, and we must have and keep the right do defend ourselves!

            Comment

            • #7
              calmedic
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 90

              I just picked up my 590a1 two weeks ago. Any of you guys who have one ever hunt with it? How did it work out? How hard is it to plug the tube to make it a 3 shot?

              To the OP, awsome pick up, wish my local GS could have found the SPX. I wound up with the speedfeed version but still love the weapon, its a monster!

              +1 on the l&m. Skip the sling for HD IMO.

              Comment

              • #8
                shabr66
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 191

                Thanks Strong..that's exactly what I had in mind.

                Calmedic - I had originally ordered a 590a1 with speedfeed, but then I read about the spx and decided to see if they could find one. Apparently it was pretty difficult to locate one, but they said they got it and it's on the way.

                I will definitely post pics when i get it.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1