Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shoot'n trap (Vid)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Baron
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 797

    Shoot'n trap (Vid)

    Well I got to take my Father In-law and a friend out for some trap
    Plus I got to take out my wifes new Mossberg 500A out for some fun

    I didn't really get a score to brag about, but that's not why I shoot trap. I told them the key is to have a good time. My buddy had never fired a gun in his life. He told me he had a really good time and my Father In-Law told me as soon as he can he's gonna buy a Shotgun.

    My buddy did notice the difference in the recoil between my 500 with the Sidewinder and my Wife stock 500. I told him it was because of the weight. It helps absorb alot of the recoil. But they still didn't want to touch my Stoeger. Which I still shot better with. Like I said nothing to brag about though. I was just glad to take two guys out who had never fired a Shotgun

    Anyways Enjoy the Vid


    Here's the Vid






    .
    .
    .
    .
    .


    sigpic
  • #2
    wilit
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 5213

    I too have become addicted to trap shooting. Last weekend I tried out my 500A for the first time. It shot okay. I got a 14 with that. With my Spartan 310 I got a 21 and a 20. Some kid next to me (10 or 11 years old) got a 14 with his 20ga 870 Youth. He out shot his dad who got an 8. LOL

    How's the Livermore range? I've been meaning to go there to shoot trap. Those are voice activated ranges right?
    "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
    "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
    "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      edbon9
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 133

      looks like you guys were having a ball.. one thing I notice is
      the guy on peg 3 is mounting the gun too low, he needs to keep his
      head on the stock or he's gonna get a fat cheek Livermore is
      the best trap range in the area, the weather was perfect they had
      their last club shoot the same day, another calgunner ended up
      with a big fat buckle

      Comment

      • #4
        Baron
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 797

        Originally posted by wilit
        I too have become addicted to trap shooting. Last weekend I tried out my 500A for the first time. It shot okay. I got a 14 with that. With my Spartan 310 I got a 21 and a 20. Some kid next to me (10 or 11 years old) got a 14 with his 20ga 870 Youth. He out shot his dad who got an 8. LOL

        How's the Livermore range? I've been meaning to go there to shoot trap. Those are voice activated ranges right?
        I really like the Livermore Rod and Gun Club
        It's got nice friendly staff and everytime I'v gone I've always met nice people.

        I love their Trap range. I like the target range up top too, but from what I heard was it used to be alot better with a 200 yard line and a running deer target. But due to people complaining, who live close to the range they closed down the deer and 200 yarder. now it's just 100yard line and a 25 and under line... Still it's a nice range

        The voice activated traps are really cool, but I had to keep telling my father inlaw and buddy to back up when racking the slides. The first round we lost the last 5 clays due to Loud Jibber Jabber and racking...LOL

        I need to get out more... my best score was 18, but I shot 17 and 16 two other time. My best scores were with my Stoeger SxS.



        Originally posted by edbon9
        looks like you guys were having a ball.. one thing I notice is
        the guy on peg 3 is mounting the gun too low, he needs to keep his
        head on the stock or he's gonna get a fat cheek Livermore is
        the best trap range in the area, the weather was perfect they had
        their last club shoot the same day, another calgunner ended up
        with a big fat buckle
        Yeah I kept telling him to get the stock up in the pocket...
        Today he showed me were his bruise was and I just told him that's why I told you to get the stock up...LOL
        We had a ball... I'm nowhere close to competing, but I just go to have a good time
        I watch some of those guys who never miss a clay

        I'm trying to talk my father In-law ito getting a semi... 1100 maybe... That way I can shoot one before I purchase one...LOL
        Last edited by Baron; 10-01-2007, 8:54 PM.
        .
        .
        .
        .
        .


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Baron
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 797

          Here's the shotguns we used

          My Mossberg 500A with sidewinder


          My Stoeger Uplander



          My Wifes Mossberg 500A
          .
          .
          .
          .
          .


          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            edbon9
            Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 133

            the remington 1100 trap model is a damm good gun, but I prefer the
            beretta 391's the guns you have are all 'field' guns so you have to
            cover the target to get good breaks, when i started trap I used a 391 field,
            then moved to a 391 RL trap, I had a tough time adjusting to the
            sight picture of floating the target a little bit.

            Comment

            • #7
              mike100
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • 2507

              that looks like a nice range. I still shoot my 1980 870 police model with a 30" fixed full bbl. I've been using it for trap for two years now (I got it unfired) and it has really broken in. I like the damn thing so much I just can't drop the coin for an XT-Trap. Was thinking about trading away my M1A, but then i'll be sol if the SHTF in a riot or something.

              switch up to IM or full choke and your score will go up. Either that or bust on the clays as soon as possible with the wider choke constrictions.

              Comment

              • #8
                cobra198
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 854

                Gotta love the Livermore range. Nice people, great place to shoot. Some times the wind wips pretty darn quick over those hills though! Oh well, it just makes things more interesting I guess. The nice thing about the voice activated trap is they actually give you 3 extra clays per round (28 total I believe) incase people let some fly because of chatting at the line. That way you dont end up having one or two shells left in ur box when the round is finished.

                Man this thread is really makin me want to get back out there.... I havent been able to go in about a month and its killin me!!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Baron
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 797

                  Thanks Guys, yeah Livormore is my favorite range to go to

                  In fact we will more then likely go back in a couple of weeks
                  Now that I have my Father In-Law hooked and all...LOL
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ARRRR-15
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 1207

                    What's the average cost for a round of skeet? How many clays does it include? How does the scoring work?

                    I've always wanted to go out and give it a try. I love shooting the hand tossed ones out in the desert.
                    FreeLock Mini Conversion Kit
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=155147

                    FreeLock Bullet-Button Installation and Removal Tool
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...64#post1749664

                    The M.L.D. (Magazine Locking Device)
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...hlight=Vamfire

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Baron
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 797

                      At Livermore Rod and Gun Club it's...
                      For Non members I think it is about $7 a round
                      For members it is $5 a round

                      Each round is 25 clays
                      you get 3 extra just incase they break coming out... So that makes a total of 28 clays

                      The scoring works like this
                      one shot per clay
                      If you hit or even touch the clay you get a point
                      So that means it's the same rather you destroy the clay or just wing it
                      All you have to do is break a piece of it

                      But when you hit the clay dead center and totally destroy it in mid air, it does give you a certain satifaction

                      If you missed ... Well... no point

                      Every 5 clays you move positions. There are 5 positions
                      Far Left...Mid Left... Middle....Mid right.... Far Right

                      It's a pretty simple game as far as the rules go

                      I always say the main rule is to have fun.
                      I'm okay at it, and I have a great time every time
                      By okay I mean I average about 17...
                      No where close enough to compete...
                      But I have a good time
                      Last edited by Baron; 10-02-2007, 3:36 PM.
                      .
                      .
                      .
                      .
                      .


                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        cobra198
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 854

                        If you have never been, and its not too much out of your way I highly recommend it. I aggree with Baron 100%. Just get out there and enjoy yourself! Its addicting and a bit rough on the pocket book, but the range is fun and the people great too.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pilotimb
                          Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 321

                          Livermore is my favorite trap range. In fact I just got back from shooting 2 rounds there tonight. On tuesday nights from 6-9:45 they open the trap range and let people shoot under the lights. It's a great way to get some shooting in during the week. Tuesday night shooting will stop at the end of this month when day-light savings goes away.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            guimus
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 862

                            Originally posted by wilit
                            I too have become addicted to trap shooting. Last weekend I tried out my 500A for the first time. It shot okay. I got a 14 with that. With my Spartan 310 I got a 21 and a 20. Some kid next to me (10 or 11 years old) got a 14 with his 20ga 870 Youth. He out shot his dad who got an 8. LOL

                            How's the Livermore range? I've been meaning to go there to shoot trap. Those are voice activated ranges right?
                            Ha! I was the other 500a on the line with you. I've only been shooting trap for a few months, but I grew up doing moving target, so I have a little leg up on the bench shooters. I got 23, 22, and 21 Saturday, but I was still pretty impressed by that kid hitting 14 (and 15 after that, I think.)

                            I'll probably eventually go to check out Livermore, but Chabot is so relaxed and friendly that it's hard to shoot anywhere else.

                            Robert

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ARRRR-15
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 1207

                              Thanks that was helpful.

                              Any ranges near north county in san diego.
                              FreeLock Mini Conversion Kit
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=155147

                              FreeLock Bullet-Button Installation and Removal Tool
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...64#post1749664

                              The M.L.D. (Magazine Locking Device)
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...hlight=Vamfire

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1