Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

trigger job on a mossberg

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dangerranger
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 578

    trigger job on a mossberg

    I got my youngest son a Mossberg pump. one of the first mods I want to do is reduce the trigger pull. its over 7lbs. Im thinking the trigger return spring is the culprit. it should return the trigger easily at half its tention. has anyone tried this? and where should I be able to find springs? thanks DR
  • #2
    aippi
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 2302

    How old is your son and how much expirience with weapons does he have? The reason I ask is an inexpirienced shooter, Light trigger pull seems like not a good idea. If that is the case I would not modify the weapon.
    JD McGuire, Owner
    AI&P Tactical
    Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
    Mossberg LE Armorer
    www.aiptactical.com
    www.tacticalgunslings.com
    If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

    Comment

    • #3
      meaty-btz
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2010
      • 8980

      Certain mossbergs come with an adjustable trigger group. Does yours?
      ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

      Comment

      • #4
        dangerranger
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 578

        Son will be 30 in Oct, and is very experianced. I sometimes forget that everyones kids arent grown. Im not looking for light as in a target gun just reasonable. I thought the safety was on the first time I pulled the trigger. 7lbs was just a guess, it may be higher. I have several shotguns, but none with a pull like this. does anyone know if theres a spring maker who sells them? DR

        Comment

        • #5
          dangerranger
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 578

          problem solved! I took the trigger group out and started disassembling it. I found the trigger return spring all bound up. [ like it was too long]. when I removed it I found the pocket it fits into full of plastic debris. after cleaning it out and reassembly it now trips at 7lbs 2oz. it still feels the same weight but now feels like a trigger should. DR

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1