Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My Mossberg 930 project.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    MadMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 1112

    Dam man that is the second best looking 930 I have ever seen!!!!

    LOL just kiddin that is a nice rig though. I went for full home defense hence the choate stock and eotec.

    I also got the TacStar side saddle (probably a bit big for your needs) and the charging handle is from TTC performance. I prefer this charging handle over the choat because i didn't like the skeletonized design as much but that is personal preference.

    Anyhow very nice shotgun





    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

    It is not about the GUN it is about the RIGHT

    Gun control has its roots in RACISM and CLASSISM, if you support gun control you support those two evils

    Comment

    • #17
      motorwerks
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 1619

      BANG BANG

      Comment

      • #18
        funnyman3000
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 26

        Originally posted by Salty
        but had issues with WinLite and Remington reduced recoil loads. It did however cycle about 15 rounds of Federal low recoil buck without issue, although I wasn't super enthusiastic about the pattern (and I honestly can't remember why at this point).
        issues meaning it wouldn't cycle the next round or what? I plan on shooting mostly low recoil from a 930. Is there any one part you could replace like a spring to make it more accepting?

        also, shoot any slugs lately?

        current: Taurus 1911 chambered in .38Super
        future: Browning BuckMark Contour.22 & Mossberg 930 SPX 12 gauge

        Comment

        • #19
          RippSpeed
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 789

          Thats pretty nice 930 you have MadMax ... but after seeing yours mounted with an eotech. I was planning on going with a 512 model but I think I'm gonna go with a smaller rds. Maybe Aimpoint or Trijicon
          USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency

          Comment

          • #20
            prc77
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2578

            yeah, that eotech sits up there pretty high. For HD nothing beats a bead.
            C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
            83-85

            USPSA CRO
            MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              Salty
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 573

              Originally posted by funnyman3000
              issues meaning it wouldn't cycle the next round or what?
              Stovepipes.

              Originally posted by funnyman3000
              Is there any one part you could replace like a spring to make it more accepting?
              I'm unsure.

              Originally posted by funnyman3000
              also, shoot any slugs lately?
              Nope, not yet.

              Sorry, I know it's an old thread, but I'm not on here much and wanted to make sure to answer this guy's question.

              Comment

              • #22
                Webologist
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 650

                Originally posted by funnyman3000
                issues meaning it wouldn't cycle the next round or what? I plan on shooting mostly low recoil from a 930. Is there any one part you could replace like a spring to make it more accepting?

                also, shoot any slugs lately?
                My 930 has cycled the low recoil buckshot just fine but it did fail to lock the slide back once out of about 100 rounds. That's never happened with the full power rounds.

                I zeroed my 930 with slugs and was surprised at the change of point of impact between low recoil slugs and high velocity slugs. Both grouped pretty well but the point of impact, in my gun, with the low velocity slugs was to the right of the high velocity slugs. (Could have been the crosswind, since it was blowing pretty good at Burro that day and it was left to right) I'd like to revisit that when it's not so windy.
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1