Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My first shotgun. Mossy 500 Tactical.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • diirk
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 137

    My first shotgun. Mossy 500 Tactical.

    Just bought my first shotgun. 10 days to go....

    A Mossberg 500 Tactical 6 shot.

    Will be attending Frontsight in Mar to get a feel for the shotgun. Even though it shows in the pic, it doesn't include the front sling stud, and a sling is recommended for the training. I'm leaning towards a single-point sling and a GG&G Snaphook Rear Sling Attachment.

    I have searched and read through more posts then I can keep track of, but would still appreciate any suggestions or recomendations.

    Thanks...

    Semper Fi
  • #2
    mqd123
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 81

    Nice! Mind if I ask how much you picked it up for?

    Comment

    • #3
      eXcision
      Member
      • May 2010
      • 226

      Woah diirk! Today at 12:43pm I bought my mossberg 500 SPX. I'm with you all the way! 10 days to go (3/1/2011)

      Comment

      • #4
        sig220
        Banned
        • Feb 2011
        • 35

        does the barrel come ported like that pic or do ya gotta drill your own?

        Comment

        • #5
          diirk
          Member
          • Aug 2008
          • 137

          excision: Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to pick it up.

          mqd123: $375 from Big 5.
          Semper Fi

          Comment

          • #6
            subijitsu
            Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 293

            Hell of a first shotgun. Tough as f**king nails. I have been looking to get a sling for my 500 as well. I guess I should clean it before I start buying stuff for it but it hasnt stopped working yet so......

            Comment

            • #7
              eXcision
              Member
              • May 2010
              • 226

              Why does this thread show under shotgun discussions (Up top) but it isn't even there and theres only 1 page O_o

              Edit: nvm not it showed when I posted lol

              Comment

              • #8
                mqd123
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 81

                eXcision, is that the actual photo of your shotgun or just a stock photo of a Mossy?

                Comment

                • #9
                  pandaguest
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 9

                  You need a red dot and camo that shottie right away!
                  What are you planning to use? Slugs? 00 Buckshot?
                  There is no secret ingredient!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    diirk
                    Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 137

                    Not planning on a red dot, althought camo would be pretty cool.
                    I wouldn't mind the hi-Vis front sight though.
                    For HD ammo, am planning on Fiocchi LE Reduced Recoil 00. Although the Winchester HD and Remington PDX1 looks pretty interesting.
                    Semper Fi

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      eXcision
                      Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 226

                      Originally posted by mqd123
                      eXcision, is that the actual photo of your shotgun or just a stock photo of a Mossy?
                      I got it from google, But that's how a stock Mossy 500 SPX comes.


                      @diirk, I went to a different gunshop after and bought some 000 3" Magnum Buckshot, You should get a couple of them, They're powerful as heck! (I saw youtube videos, I have yet to try it) as well as the guy telling me they're good for home defense, But expensive. $11 for 5 shots

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        diirk
                        Member
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 137

                        I'll try some 000 for S&G's, but I think it's a little excessive for HD. It'll have a lot of kick, which I tend to think will make it harder to setup for a followup shot.
                        Semper Fi

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mqd123
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 81

                          Originally posted by eXcision
                          Woah diirk! Today at 12:43pm I bought my mossberg 500 SPX. I'm with you all the way! 10 days to go (3/1/2011)

                          Went to Big 5 today, the version that was on sale was nowhere near as nice as the one pictured here. Too bad.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            diirk
                            Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 137

                            I got the one above without the sights.
                            Semper Fi

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              eXcision
                              Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 226

                              Originally posted by mqd123
                              Went to Big 5 today, the version that was on sale was nowhere near as nice as the one pictured here. Too bad.
                              Yeah, I know. I went to a big 5 after, they had a similar one for $350

                              Which is the one diirk bought, But I liked the SPX one =P

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1