Does anybody know a local smith (Bay Area) that can do barrel porting on a shotgun barrel? Thanks in advance.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Barrel Porting
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I had mine UN-ported... at local shop in San Jose...
Also, the Bay Area last I checked, is a large place... If San Jose, is close to you, PM me, and I'll send you details. He's a great gun guy - who specializes in shotguns for hunting and competitions.
-M3"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke -
Doing what? Having your gun ported? or UN-ported?
I HATED the porting, and did the following:
-M3"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund BurkeComment
-
Depending on what type of shotgun, it may be easier and cheaper - to just buy a replacement barrel that is already ported.
For me, I just have no use for porting, with the Knoxx system I use, I could care less about recoil or muzzle rise. And when taking shots at angles - with my buddies nearby, all it ended up doing - was annoying my buddies when they'd get spray in the face.
-M3"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund BurkeComment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,399
Posts: 25,147,404
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31244 users online. 152 members and 31092 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment