I need a little help sourcing the correct tool for removing the stock safety so that I can install my Vang Comp one.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
930SPX Owners
Collapse
X
-
930SPX Owners
I've heard one guy using a dremel cutting disc to create a notch in it and use a flathead screwdriver. However, mine looks like a security screw that only allows you to tighten. Google security screwdriver set for the "right" tool. -
Thanks!
Found it after doing a search it apparently is called a "sidewinder" screw. I'm gonna head down to Lowes/Home Depot/Sears in hopes of finding it so that I have that tool in my toolbox in the event I ever need one again. The Vang Comp safety came with the common allen screw.Last edited by patdow1; 12-09-2010, 8:57 PM.Comment
-
I used a flathead like a chisel, minding the receiver. Save money or get a tool, whatever's comfy for you.sigpic
Medals grow on the trees, right where they bury heroes.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,535
Posts: 25,148,738
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18580 users online. 122 members and 18458 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment