Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R 870 Project Pic thread (not done yet..)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mds2004
    replied
    Can someone please explain the "SBS" thing to me with C&R shotguns. Thanks.

    Edit: Search obviously does not work properly when misspelling :P
    Here is the link for those of you curious. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ht=sbs+shotgun
    Last edited by mds2004; 04-20-2008, 12:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • AJAX22
    replied
    Originally posted by uclaplinker
    I always forget to say my initial thoughts by the time I finish reading all the other comments...

    I like this shotgun.



    I think this is the 1st time I didn't actually consider that I was writing a line-worthy statement.

    If you cut it down to just the last 4 words it's funnier.
    I dunno about that....

    I think the first bit about getting more "offered" to him kindof adds an element of mystery and intrigue (Is it a guy in the park? Is it a dude in a van? Is it just somthing you hear in a bar?)

    Just a snippet about needing a pair isn't all that funny.

    BUT when combined with a statement about being 'offered' something (in quotes no less) it is just so much more dirty.

    Leave a comment:


  • aplinker
    replied
    I always forget to say my initial thoughts by the time I finish reading all the other comments...

    I like this shotgun.

    Originally posted by Diablo
    uclaplinker? Here you go again with your sig lines....
    I think this is the 1st time I didn't actually consider that I was writing a line-worthy statement.

    If you cut it down to just the last 4 words it's funnier.

    Leave a comment:


  • Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by uclaplinker
    If you have more "offered" to you, let me know. I need a pair.

    uclaplinker? Here you go again with your sig lines....

    Leave a comment:


  • AJAX22
    replied
    Originally posted by uclaplinker
    If you have more "offered" to you, let me know. I need a pair.
    Now THAT is Sig line material!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • aplinker
    replied
    Originally posted by ke6guj
    Exactly. Build it up the way you want it. YOu started that project beforethe SBS idea even came up so finishing it as planned is a good idea.

    Its not like you can't find another C&R 870 to SBS. Without even looking for one, I've had two of them offered to me in the last month.
    If you have more "offered" to you, let me know. I need a pair.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt C
    replied
    Yes, it is a beautiful gun. You know I'm falling in love with it right?

    Leave a comment:


  • ke6guj
    replied
    Originally posted by AJAX22
    Nope


    I really enjoy this shotgun exactly as is...

    although I may build up a supermagnum to go with it in the future.
    Exactly. Build it up the way you want it. YOu started that project beforethe SBS idea even came up so finishing it as planned is a good idea.

    Its not like you can't find another C&R 870 to SBS. Without even looking for one, I've had two of them offered to me in the last month.

    Leave a comment:


  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoWeird
    wait....a C&R 870...and you're NOT going to SBS it?
    I call imposter.
    Where did the real Ajax22 go?

    Leave a comment:


  • AJAX22
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoWeird
    wait....a C&R 870...and you're NOT going to SBS it?
    Nope

    I have a C&R Browning superposed for that

    I also have a half dozen or so C&R double barreled shotguns and a handfull of other pump guns (stevens 520's, nobel 12's) and a few C&R semiautos

    I really enjoy this shotgun exactly as is...

    although I may build up a supermagnum to go with it in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • saki302
    replied
    I had almost the same gun years ago- bought from B&B guns as a police trade in for $200 (no bayonet mount). IMO, the folder isn't bad to shoot at all.

    I did put some loop-side velcro on the back of the butt plate so it wouldn't scratch up the top of the barrel (I didn't want to scratch my painted-on alumahyde finish- the gun came a bit worn!).

    -Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • NeoWeird
    replied
    wait....a C&R 870...and you're NOT going to SBS it?

    Leave a comment:


  • AJAX22
    replied
    Just was thinking about this gun... so I figured I'd bump it up so that the new guys can see what tastefull tactical looks like

    There's something to be said for all factory parts on a gun....

    Leave a comment:


  • 1911su16b870
    replied
    Originally posted by AJAX22
    The serial # is 37950*V
    Thanks Ajax22 for s/n and sharing your sweet 870!

    Leave a comment:


  • AJAX22
    replied
    I appriciate the props Xeno, I've spent years building this gun in my head, when I found the C&R receiver just after getting my C&R licence it was like the heavens opened up and showed me a sign que the booming voice of J.M.B. "THOU SHALT BUILD!!!!"

    The serial # is 37950*V
    Last edited by AJAX22; 07-26-2007, 6:03 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1