Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Butt cuffs/stock mounted sidesaddle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • prc77
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2578

    Butt cuffs/stock mounted sidesaddle

    For those of you that have butt cuffs or a stock mounted side saddle. How do you accurately engage a target if you have to switch to your weak side.
    C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

    USPSA CRO
    MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


    sigpic
  • #2
    BigDogatPlay
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2007
    • 7362

    You've identified exactly the problem. It's very difficult to somewhat impossible to mount the stock and get a good cheek weld in that scenario. I've known some who would rotate the cuff to the opposite side, but that is wasted effort (IMO) in a fight and practicing it is going to wear out the elastic in most butt cuffs pretty quickly.

    I tried early on in my travels to work that out and never could which is why I use receiver mounted sidesaddles or a Speedfeed with the extra rounds stored inside the stock.

    Stocks that mount the extra ammo forward of the cheek contact area would seem to be the only other practical answer as I think about it.
    -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

    Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

    Comment

    • #3
      G-forceJunkie
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2010
      • 6481

      I just roll the shotgun a bit to get a good cheek weld. I prefer to keep the shells mounted pretty low as well.

      Comment

      • #4
        BigDogatPlay
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2007
        • 7362

        Originally posted by G-forceJunkie
        I just roll the shotgun a bit to get a good cheek weld. I prefer to keep the shells mounted pretty low as well.
        Interesting. What does that do to stock placement on the shoulder?
        -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

        Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

        Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

        Comment

        • #5
          G-forceJunkie
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2010
          • 6481

          Nothing for me. I keep the lower portion of the butt in position and rotate it around that, then tip your head if you need. Lets face it, shooting a rifle off your "wrong" side always feels wierd, and perfect placement is probably not a huge factor. It always going to be a compromise. Try it first with your normal shooting shoulder, I can roll it over nearly 45 degrees before it feels wierd. Your shoulder may take a little more abuse since the butt is not in the perfect position. Works me me.

          Comment

          • #6
            Reductio
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 1923

            Mine's elastic, so I kind of roll it a bit so the shells aren't in the middle of the stock, but more towards the bottom. I also tend to roll out the stock a bit when I'm shooting weak-side anyhow, so it seems to work fine.
            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
            Ah, the old "form over function" argument. I guess some people would rather be seen with a hot blonde who won't put out than with a "Neil 8" who will make you .

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1