Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bought a mossberg 590A1 now I need to tacticool it out

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • proraptor
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2594

    bought a mossberg 590A1 now I need to tacticool it out

    9 more days till I get my mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights....

    I need a bayonet for the front where can I get one cheap??

    I also want to get a heat shield...which one is the best?

    I guess I also need a side saddle....Is Mesa Tactical the way to go?

    Thanks
    Nothin says hate like a .308
  • #2
    Guns R Tools
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1782

    Bayonet can be either M7 or M9.

    Can't use factory heat shiled.
    'Cuz big holes are easier to see.

    You can correct my spelling and grammar error anytime.
    I welcome it. How else would I learn.

    Comment

    • #3
      HeHateMe
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 551

      I found that the side saddle got in the way and just made the shotgun bulky. I just used the speed feed stock and keep 4 rnds in the stock.

      Heat shield won't fit because the barrel is oversized. Actually I haven't seen any vendor that sells a heat shield for the 590A1 barrels.
      **********************************************
      - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
      - WTB: Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

      Comment

      • #4
        James R.
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 774

        Originally posted by proraptor
        9 more days till I get my mossberg 590A1 with ghost ring sights....

        I need a bayonet for the front where can I get one cheap??

        I also want to get a heat shield...which one is the best?

        I guess I also need a side saddle....Is Mesa Tactical the way to go?

        Thanks
        Have the Mesa on my 870 and really like it. Those speed feed stocks that hold shells are notorious for dropping shells. Maybe they've improved the design since, but they were well known for having that problem.



        It's a very well made shell holder...

        Regards,

        James R.

        Comment

        • #5
          proraptor
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2594

          Thats weird cause they had another 590A1 there (no ghost ring sights) that had a factory heat shield installed on it....I also searched google images and saw a coupl that had the ghost ring sights with heat shields....I wonder which one they are using....

          I think Ill go with mesa tactical for the side saddle...Not sure if I want 6 round or 8 round though what do you think?

          The speed feeds are ok but this i my zombie/home defense gun and Im going to need more than 4 extra shells. I also didnt like the grip are of those stocks as they are rough and feel kind of cheap...

          I stil need to find a bayonet for it....
          Nothin says hate like a .308

          Comment

          • #6
            Baron
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 797

            I really like my ATI "M4 style" stock on my 500
            you can get the ATI side saddles that attach to the stock plus the regular side saddle, then even buy the sling that has shell holders... Talk about loaded for Anti-Zombies....LOL... Add a couple of bandoliers and a belt

            ATI also makes the fold over the top stock as well, I believe you can add a shell holder to that...

            Don't forget the surefire light, then a laser mount....

            Seriously though.... I thought the 590A1 came with a heat shield....
            The 590's I saw for sale at Big 5 had heat shields, but maybe those weren't A1's.
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              M1A Rifleman
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 3691

              My understanding is the factory heat sheet will not fit the milspec 590A1 due to the heavy barrel. They do fit the std 590 which does not have a heavy barrel. This is also the reason why other mossberg barrels will not fit the 590A1.
              The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.

              Comment

              • #8
                proraptor
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 2594

                Originally posted by Baron
                I really like my ATI "M4 style" stock on my 500
                you can get the ATI side saddles that attach to the stock plus the regular side saddle, then even buy the sling that has shell holders... Talk about loaded for Anti-Zombies....LOL... Add a couple of bandoliers and a belt

                ATI also makes the fold over the top stock as well, I believe you can add a shell holder to that...

                Don't forget the surefire light, then a laser mount....

                Seriously though.... I thought the 590A1 came with a heat shield....
                The 590's I saw for sale at Big 5 had heat shields, but maybe those weren't A1's.

                If it was shiny looking and didnt say 590A1 on the side than it was just a regular 590. They do make a 590 A1 with a heat shield but no ghost ring sites (which are a must).

                I know the 590A1 does have a heavier duty barrel (larger diameter) but if you search google images there are a couple pics of people with the model I bought and a heat shield....weird...Maybe I will contact mossberg about this and ask them....
                Nothin says hate like a .308

                Comment

                • #9
                  M1A Rifleman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3691

                  Originally posted by proraptor
                  If it was shiny looking and didnt say 590A1 on the side than it was just a regular 590. They do make a 590 A1 with a heat shield but no ghost ring sites (which are a must).

                  I know the 590A1 does have a heavier duty barrel (larger diameter) but if you search google images there are a couple pics of people with the model I bought and a heat shield....weird...Maybe I will contact mossberg about this and ask them....
                  I don't think this is correct as I have never seen a milspec A1 with a heat sheild. The Mossberg site currently only has one heavy barrel model and it does not come with a sheild. My 2000 Mossberg LEO cataloge for milspec heavy barrel models also does not contain any versions with a factory sheild, and at the time, Mossberg mentioned the sheilds don't fit the heavy barrel versions. Maybe things have changed or there are after market versions. Please keep us posted as I would like to add one to an A1.
                  The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Baron
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 797

                    Originally posted by proraptor
                    If it was shiny looking and didnt say 590A1 on the side than it was just a regular 590. They do make a 590 A1 with a heat shield but no ghost ring sites (which are a must).

                    The ones I saw were parkerized (I think that's what it's called) The flat non-shiny color. But your right, now thinking about it, no ghost ring...
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .


                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Blue
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 8072

                      I bought an M7 bayo with scabbard on ebay for $15 shipped.
                      Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
                      Let my aim be true and my hand faster
                      than those who would seek to destroy me.
                      Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
                      Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
                      And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
                      sigpic
                      NRA Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        floorance
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 1212

                        Be careful of the Surefire front end, IIRC, the bayonet attachment gets in the way of the flashlight. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Blue
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 8072

                          Originally posted by floorance
                          Be careful of the Surefire front end, IIRC, the bayonet attachment gets in the way of the flashlight. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect

                          I read somewhere that the light can bite you if you don't hold it right using a Knoxx stock. Something about having to hold it an inch and a half behind the light?
                          Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
                          Let my aim be true and my hand faster
                          than those who would seek to destroy me.
                          Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
                          Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
                          And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
                          sigpic
                          NRA Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Baron
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 797

                            Originally posted by Blue84s10
                            I read somewhere that the light can bite you if you don't hold it right using a Knoxx stock. Something about having to hold it an inch and a half behind the light?

                            +1 Yeah I read that too
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            .


                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              HeHateMe
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 551

                              Be careful of the Surefire front end, IIRC, the bayonet attachment gets in the way of the flashlight. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect
                              That is correct. On mine, I would have to dremel off the lug or something before the surefire could be attached. I think Surefire's site mentions that the bayo lug is in the way and requires modification to the firearm.
                              **********************************************
                              - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
                              - WTB: Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1